This role will be part of the Data Architecture team responsible for defining, maintaining & enhancing the conceptual, logical, and physical data models and information architecture for Enterprise Data Management.
- Facilitate and maintain enterprise information architecture for unified access to structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources including data warehouse, data lake, and sensor/machine data
- Design and implement meta-data layers for data discovery
- Design and implement data solution using Master Data Management principles and tools
- Design and implement data governance and quality initiatives ensuring consistent translation and usage of data
- This individual will partner with various leaders and program managers across business and IT to design and institute practices that will drive the appropriate levels of rigor and quality in enterprise information architecture
- Understand complex business requirements & take the lead to propose elegant & simplified enterprise information architecture solutions.
- Document logical data integration (ETL) strategies for data flows between disparate source/target systems and the enterprise information repositories
- Employ data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk
- Perform variety of in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data design tasks on complicated datasets with potentially complex data integration scenario
- Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data
- Establish and contribute to standards for ensuring consistent usage of our information platforms
- Make tradeoffs between speed of delivery and data quality measures. Ability to think through multiple alternatives and select the most relevant solution that solves tactical and strategic business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a data architect with current information technologies and their implementation into the business function
- Relevant experience implementing data quality and master data management programs in a discrete manufacturing or industrial business
- Experience in information intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises
- Experience in data modeling and facilitation
- Experience evaluating new tools and methodologies
- Experience in full life cycle architectural guidance
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding and hands on experience of data architecture and data management principles.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience of full information lifecycle (from data origination to data consumption).
- Must have deep understanding of data technologies such as data warehousing, ETL/ELT, MDM, BI and Analytical Tools.
- Must have an extensive experience in metadata management and data quality processes and tools.
- Experience in integrating complex, corporate-wide processes and data models
- Experience designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Experience with Data Quality tools
- Hands-on experience with dimensional modeling techniques and creation of logical and physical data models (entity relationship modeling, Erwin diagrams, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for data management best practices and standards.
• Experienced in Data Virtualization tools (TIBCO Spotfire)