Software Developer - C++
- $67,000 to $140,000 Yearly
We are looking for talented software developers with a winning combination of skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. You will be developing the leading document manipulation solution, Apryse SDK, creating innovative new features and maintaining our existing codebase. As a software developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. We strive to continually push the envelope in terms of using new technology and techniques, so a love of learning new things is a must.
- Work as part of the core C++ development team, implementing new features and improving existing functionality of our flagship product, Apryse SDK.
- Engage in all stages of development from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
- Assist and collaborate with other developers.
- Responsibilities commensurate with experience.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ development.
- Excellent software design skills.
- At least 1 year experience working on complex software projects.
- Strong analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working both independently, and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), and image compression technologies.
- Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
- Flexible and with experience working as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A comprehensive extended benefits package including health, dental and vision for you and your family that starts from day one.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bi-weekly lunches and monthly socials.
- Annual recurring WFH allowance for you to purchase items you need for your home office.
- On going support for learning development so you can continue to master your craft.
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with (Windows or Mac)
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
- Excellent work-life balance with a flexible remote work environment.
- Salary Range: CAD $67,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Apryse is the industry-leading provider of document software development (SDK) technology powering everything from traditional desktop software to innovative web and mobile applications. With a broad international portfolio of combined companies, products, and leading technologies, we are actively changing the way the world works with documents to make work better and life simpler.
We are also a fast-growing company, chosen as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers of 2022 by Mediacorp Canada Inc and selected among Canada’s best employers for recent graduates with its addition to the 2022 Career Directory.
Since having secured a $95M strategic growth investment in 2019, we have grown from approximately 50 employees to over 370, made eleven acquisitions, and in 2021, Thoma Bravo, the top private investment firm in the world for software, came on board with another strategic growth investment.
Customers like IBM, Autodesk, DocuSign, Boeing, Microsoft (and many more!) come to us to realize their web and mobile strategies for document management, editing, and collaboration as the #1-ranked commercial document SDK of choice for companies worldwide. As a result, you can find our document technology in thousands of solutions, including those of household names, used by millions across virtually every industry. Our XODO app alone has 25M unique installs -- and counting -- and the highest ratings among PDF productivity apps on the largest online app marketplaces.
Internally, we foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every individual amidst an exciting and challenging entrepreneurial culture. Career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator, and successful leader.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping Apryse deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Thank you for your interest in Apryse!
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.