Aprilaire is seeking a talented Sales Manager to increase sales of dehumidifiers through waterproofing, pest control, and remediation contractors in the Northeast. This newly added position will support rapid growth in the dehumidification product category by focusing 80% of their time on sales execution and 20% on the development of new products, modifications of existing products, and support materials for new customers.
Aprilaire is an industry leading manufacturer of healthy air solutions. We focus on indoor air quality by offering innovative technology that controls humidity, temperature, air purity, and ventilation. We believe that all of these aspects are critical in creating healthy air environments for families in their homes. That's been our goal since 1954, when Aprilaire was established as part of Research Products Corporation, our parent company. Today we're in over 7 million homes, and we're not stopping there. We strive to enable every family to breathe better air and feel more comfortable in a healthy home.
Check out the details of the position below and why Aprilaire is a great company to work for.
- Execute business development, sales performance, and channel development in assigned regional territory.
- Contribute to the development of the annual sales plan in order to maximize revenue opportunities and optimize profits.
- Implement marketing strategies that drive profitable sales and increase market share.
- Identify business opportunities through categorizing prospects by position in the market and then researching and analyzing sales options; seek out, sell and retain key accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners including pest control, restoration, water proofing, and construction contractors.
- Assist the Basement/Crawlspace Channel Manager with strategic administrative functions, such as forecasting, pricing, customer support, and service.
- Generate leads and set appointments. Actively manage the sales process to a successful close.
- Train accounts on technical installation and application as well as selling products to their customers.
- Gather VOC data and provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering for the purpose of product development and modification; remain current on industry trends and competitor innovations.
- Work with Marketing to develop targeted marketing tools that provide compelling advertising solutions and supporting materials.
- Review and analyze sales performance against metrics and dashboards to maintain effectiveness.
- Report progress and activity with trip reports, dashboards, monthly reports, and opportunity tracker.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending industry events and tradeshows, reading professional publications, networking with industry experts, and participating in professional associations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or job-related training.
- Four to ten years' experience in sales. Background selling an industrial product preferred.
- Proven track record of sales growth.
- Background in strategic planning and developing sales plans for growth preferred but not required.
- Ability to demonstrate value added selling approach.
- Experience developing training materials from both technical and sales standpoint.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Strong sense of urgency and a willingness to roll up sleeves and work hard to make things happen.
- Flexible and adaptive with the ability to offer solutions to customer problems on the spot.
- Creativity and critical thinking skills with the ability to uncover opportunities that may not be obvious.
- Skilled at finding alternative design options that will control cost, quality, and meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong follow through on commitments made.
- Ability to motivate others to carry through plans and commitments.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Skilled at closing business owners and/or C-level decision makers.
- Ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with customers.
- A team player.
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR ALL! At Anden, we know our employees are our most important resource. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks, and why we create a shared purpose in giving back to our communities.
We care about your health by providing...
- a platinum-rated low deductible health insurance plan
- dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending account
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including a company nurse/wellness educator and fitness programs and incentives)
- sick leave pay
- vacation and holiday pay
- employee discounts on company products
- wireless discounts
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans
- employee assistant program
- identity theft protection
- bereavement pay
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing
- three types of life insurance coverage
- college savings plan
- scholarship awards
- tuition reimbursement program
- learning and development opportunities
- giving back to local charities through fundraising, volunteering, and charitable events
- sponsoring employees and immediate family members for their participation in charitable events
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Espanol
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Espanol
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Espanol
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Espanol
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.
External Company URL: http://www.aprilaire.com/