At Alphascript, we help patients manage chronic conditions and provide them with life-changing and often life-sustaining medications. If you’re passionate about helping people, use your experience and skills of customer service and attention to detail to make a difference in a patient’s life.
As a production specialist, you’ll work with a team to make sure that patients get the medications they need when they need them. You will be responsible for assisting the pharmacist in filling prescriptions, counting medications, sending drug/supply orders and checking in orders. You will also manage drug inventory and place special orders for limited distribution drugs.
You will also compound non-sterile medications and may assist with other areas of the pharmacy as needed (e.g. shipping).
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), 1 year experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician; previous experience in pharmacy environment and pharmacy terminology; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Pharmacy technician license with the California State Board of Pharmacy is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Word
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Lifting and carrying light loads up to 40 pounds, reaching above shelves
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g. computer keyboards, filing, etc.)
- Standing, sitting, or walking for periods of time
- Normal range of hearing and vision to perform work and communicate
- Stooping or kneeling (e.g., to access lower shelves/drawers, picking up items from floor, etc.)
Alphascript is a closed-door pharmacy, open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We are closed all major holidays.
Powered by JazzHR
April Health (Alphascript & Hoover Pharmacy)