ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Team Managers will supervise full-time/part-time employees who are in contact with our patients and customers in person and via email, phone, live chat and other methods. Most importantly, this position providesguidance and leadership for staff to ensure employees are achieving customer happiness through effective communication, problem solving, and efficient processes. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, employee-centric environment include:
- Creating an inspiring team atmosphere with an open communication culture.
- Setting clear team goals.
- Motivating team members to perform their best.
- Listening to team members' feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts.
- Recognizing high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Suggesting and organizing team-building activities.
- Oversee day-to-day operational team(s) activity in Shared Services; Shared Services teams are responsible for supporting hundreds of local branch offices across the country.
- Manage teams reviewing new patients orders and documentation submitted by referral sources to obtain required documentation and clinical requirements of individual health insurance plans, allowing our patients to maximize their available health plan benefits and to receive the much-needed care as soon as possible.
- Assisting patients by coordinating medical equipment and supply necessary to support the patient's travel needs, including branch-to-branch coordination or other efforts.
- Provide accountability for Shared Services team, coach, and develop staff.
- Manage collaborative business relationships within the field leadership through close collaboration, partnership, engagement and communication.
- May act on behalf of the local branch offices after hours, and during weekends and Company holidays to accept urgent calls from patients and referral sources, troubleshoot equipment issues, handle urgent new patient set ups, and dispatch local technicians or respiratory therapists, as needed, or to provide other necessary support.
- This position supervises direct reports and is responsible for the performance management, coaching and hiring within the team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position supervises all direct reports of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of direct reports within the department.
- Provides direction and guidance in work assignments.
- Provides timely coaching and feedback to staff.
- Ensures work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Patient-Focused: You start with the patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the patients' objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Notice: Apria Healthcare has become aware of fraudulent activity where individuals who have no connection with Apria are posting fictitious positions and requesting to conduct interviews via instant or chat messages in online groups (i.e. Google Chat). Apria Healthcare does not conduct interviews via instant chat or online groups. Apria Healthcare representatives also only send email from addresses with the "@apria.com" corporate domain name. Apria does not ask candidates for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process. It is also not a good idea to provide sensitive personal information, such as a social security number, over the phone or by email, to anyone. If you are concerned about a fraudulent job posting for Apria Healthcare, please contact us by sending an email to HRConnect@apria.com and your state attorney general's office.
Requisition ID 2019-8928
\# of Openings 1
Category Customer Service
Location : Location US-AZ-Chandler
Full/Part Time Full-time