ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Managers will manage full-time/part-time employees and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures across the organization. Most importantly, this position nurtures culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the overall experience of employees and patients. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, employee-centric environment include:
- Cultivating and promoting a culture that reinforces Apria's vision and core values by creating a diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe work environment.
- Creating an inspiring team atmosphere with an open communication culture.
- Maintaining a big picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience.
- Setting clear, concise, and attainable team goals.
- Motivating team members to be fully engaged and to perform at their fullest potential.
- Leading by example with clear direction, candid feedback, and a communication style that results in trust and optimism.
- Recognizing high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Suggesting and organizing team-building activities.
- Oversee and direct day-to-day operational team(s) activity in Shared Services; Shared Services teams are responsible for supporting hundreds of local branch offices across the country:
- Reviewing new patients orders and documentation submitted by referral sources to obtain required documentation and clinical requirements of individual health insurance plans, allowing our patients to maximize their available health plan benefits and to receive the much-needed care as soon as possible.
- Acting on behalf of the local branch offices after hours, and during weekends and Company holidays to accept urgent calls from patients and referral sources, troubleshoot equipment issues, handle urgent new patient set ups, and dispatch local technicians or respiratory therapists, as needed, or to provide other necessary support.
- Assisting patients by coordinating medical equipment and supply necessary to support the patient's travel needs, including branch-to-branch coordination or other efforts.
- Provide accountability for Shared Services team, coach, and develop staff.
- Conduct strategic needs assessments to determine back-office support needs of the field partners and ensure the Shared Services teams are highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for our patients, referral sources, and other clients.
- Manage collaborative business relationships within the field leadership through close collaboration, partnership, engagement and communication.
- Monitor trends in transactional activities to determine where efficiencies may be gained through process improvement.
- Initiate and monitor action plans when business results are not meeting established operational targets or indicate future operational performance issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position manages all direct reports of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of direct reports within the department.
- Provides direction and guidance in work assignments.
- Provides timely coaching and feedback to staff.
- Ensures work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas, tell a compelling story using data, and create and deliver compelling presentations for senior leadership.
- Exemplary relationship builder and team player: experience building successful partnerships and influencing stakeholders and colleagues, with direct authority, to drive projects forward.
- Accomplished problem solver: creative yet pragmatic, with ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and unexpected challenges.
- Strong results driver: consistently delivers flawless execution and high-quality deliverables despite ambiguity, at time managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent strategic thinker: ability to synthesize multiple inputs, use incomplete information to get to crux of issue, and step back and see bigger picture.
- Decision-making skills.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Notice: Apria Healthcare has become aware of fraudulent activity where individuals who have no connection with Apria are posting fictitious positions and requesting to conduct interviews via instant or chat messages in online groups (i.e. Google Chat). Apria Healthcare does not conduct interviews via instant chat or online groups. Apria Healthcare representatives also only send email from addresses with the "@apria.com" corporate domain name. Apria does not ask candidates for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process. It is also not a good idea to provide sensitive personal information, such as a social security number, over the phone or by email, to anyone. If you are concerned about a fraudulent job posting for Apria Healthcare, please contact us by sending an email to HRConnect@apria.com and your state attorney general's office.
Requisition ID 2019-7884
\# of Openings 1
Category Customer Service
Location : Location US-AZ-Chandler
Full/Part Time Full-time