ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Managers will manage full-time/part-time employees and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures across the organization. Most importantly, this position nurtures culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the overall experience of employees and patients. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, employee-centric environment include:
- Cultivating and promoting a culture that reinforces Apria's vision and core values by creating a diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe work environment.
- Creating an inspiring team atmosphere with an open communication culture.
- Maintaining a big picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience.
- Setting clear, concise, and attainable team goals.
- Motivating team members to be fully engaged and to perform at their fullest potential.
- Leading by example with clear direction, candid feedback, and a communication style that results in trust and optimism.
- Recognizing high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Suggesting and organizing team-building activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and direct day-to-day operational team(s) activity in Shared Services; Shared Services teams are responsible for supporting hundreds of local branch offices across the country:
- Reviewing new patients orders and documentation submitted by referral sources to obtain required documentation and clinical requirements of individual health insurance plans, allowing our patients to maximize their available health plan benefits and to receive the much-needed care as soon as possible.
- Acting on behalf of the local branch offices after hours, and during weekends and Company holidays to accept urgent calls from patients and referral sources, troubleshoot equipment issues, handle urgent new patient set ups, and dispatch local technicians or respiratory therapists, as needed, or to provide other necessary support.
- Assisting patients by coordinating medical equipment and supply necessary to support the patient's travel needs, including branch-to-branch coordination or other efforts.
- Provide accountability for Shared Services team, coach, and develop staff.
- Conduct strategic needs assessments to determine back-office support needs of the field partners and ensure the Shared Services teams are highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for our patients, referral sources, and other clients.
- Manage collaborative business relationships within the field leadership through close collaboration, partnership, engagement and communication.
- Monitor trends in transactional activities to determine where efficiencies may be gained through process improvement.
- Initiate and monitor action plans when business results are not meeting established operational targets or indicate future operational performance issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position manages all direct reports of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of direct reports within the department.
- Provides direction and guidance in work assignments.
- Provides timely coaching and feedback to staff.
- Ensures work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas, tell a compelling story using data, and create and deliver compelling presentations for senior leadership.
- Exemplary relationship builder and team player: experience building successful partnerships and influencing stakeholders and colleagues, with direct authority, to drive projects forward.