Customer Service Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
This role is responsible for supporting daily operations of the local branch office and delivering customer happiness through effective communication, problem solving, and efficient processes. This role is not eligible for telecommuting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming patient and referral source calls received at the local branch related to new orders, and ongoing patient service needs such as troubleshooting, order status and other general inquiries.
- Complete outbound calls to patient and referral sources regarding order receipt confirmation, documentation requirements, insurance benefits, patient scheduling, order status and patient Wellness Calls.
- Review incoming faxed orders and determine action to be taken.
- Collaborate with back-office qualification teams to facilitate timely processing of orders.
- Partners with Sales team to obtain complete and accurate documentation based on payor and other regulatory requirements.
- Greets and supports walk in customers.
- May assist with coordination of patient Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) classes, including assembly of paperwork instructions and other non-licensed activities as defined by policy.
- May conduct downloads of recording devices such as apnea monitors, oximeters, CPAP devices, and other respiratory equipment as directed.
- Handle requests for audit and documentation purposes.
- Collect payment and billing information as needed.
- Order inventory or office supplies.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least two years related experience in an office environment is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong phone skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically.
- If participating in coordination, delivery, function testing or downloads of respiratory equipment, all applicable competency testing must be completed prior to conducting those activities.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Basic Math Skills
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Apria Healthcare LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Apria Healthcare LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?