With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This role maintains relationships and favorable contacts with current accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a single point of contact for a specific account.
- Handles customer needs and complaints in a timely manner.
- Consult with clients and referral sources on products and necessary equipment.
- Obtains all documentation to be scanned and batched at the Branch
- Manages all follow-up functions with the account, post set-up.
- Oversight of all transactions coming from a specific account, including all referrals.
- Obtains all needed documentation for orders to be entered into the system
- Contacts patients to confirm orders and communicate any financial obligations before referral for scheduling.
- Asses patient needs and promotes company products/services at office visits
- Resolves issues by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate solutions.
- Troubleshoots with the medical groups and any relevant on-site departments if issues arise.
- Assists medical groups and/or other provider groups regarding products and services available under the contract.
- Assists in the utilization process as well as transitioning members for capitation switch outs.
- Coordinates with physicians and medical groups.
- Identifies and develops strategic relationships within the institution that will enhance patient care.
- Participates in the institution's quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested.
- Perform timely follow up on renewal authorizations to maintain reimbursement
- Perform follow up on outstanding CMN's, Renewal CMN's, and prescriptions.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma required
- At least 2 years of related experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Basic skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet