Apptree Staffing Solutions is seeking a Payroll Coordinator for our small staffing company in Romulus, MI. The successful candidate will have 2 or more years of Payroll, Bookkeeping and Tax liabilities experience.
Pays employees by compiling and processing payroll information. Pays payroll tax liabilities and other company invoices as well as bookkeeping.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing quarterly incentive bonuses.
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting, and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Completes forms; coordinating renewable limits register; initiating deductions; recording purchases and processes client invoices.
- Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and W2 statements; initiating payment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains accurate books on accounts payable and receivables
- Payroll Processing experience
- Tax liabilities knowledge
- Bookkeeping experience
- Tax, Compensation and Wage Structure
- Worker Compensation
- Benefits Administration
- Analyzing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- Quick books knowledge
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration.
Why Work Here?Apptree is a staffing company based in Romulus, MI servicing the Detroit Metro area!
Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and short term disability!