Principal Duties and Responsibilities
An Electrician may perform some of the following duties to upkeep, install, maintain or improve the worksites, projects or facilities of our client company or organization:
a. Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; able to bend pipe and pull wire:
b. Using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment:
1. Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
2. Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment;
3. Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
4. Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers;
5. Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools. Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards using electronic test equipment and hand tools;
6. Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors. May push buttons and press keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
c. May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings;
d. May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment;
e. Other duties as assigned by on-site, authorized supervisor of client company.
Requirements, Testing, Skills and Abilities
1. Prior experience as an electrician or apprentice is required and level of experience necessary will be established by client company or organization.
2. May be required to hold electrician's license.
3. High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
4. Background and motor vehicle history checks may be performed on each candidate.
5. Candidates may be drug tested prior to employment and may be randomly tested thereafter.
6. Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact positively with supervisor and co-workers.
7. Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
8. Ability to exercise personal judgment, decision-making, and initiative concerning work duties.
9. Ability to work with minimal supervision, work under pressure, and be flexible as work demands change.