- Posted: 26 days ago
- $57,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
We are looking to add another talented Systems Administrator to our team! You will be working as part of a close-knit team of skilled professionals that believe in putting the client first every time. This is a highly interactive role wherein you interface with clients as well as other team members. We are looking for someone who is excited to build a career in information technology, this position offers excellent professional development and a bright future. We also enjoy having some fun as a team, this is a crucial part of our culture!
AIS offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include, medical, supplemental, dental, vision, retirement and more. We offer 8 paid holidays, 2 personal days, 5 sick days and a great vacation plan where you may qualify for 25 PTO days after your first year with AIS.
- Using your background, education, skills, and talents to ensure our clients expectations are not only met but exceeded in order to support local government.
- Assess, configure, repair, maintain, and upgrade existing corporate and client hardware.
- Assist in deployment of new customer hardware, as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve client issues via email, phone or case management (Service Now).
- Assist in planning and execution of server hardware and software.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together and maintain system efficiency.
- Monitor and maintain networks to ensure security and availability to specific users as well as server deployment(s).
- Evaluate and modify system's performance while isolating issues.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Proactively ensure positive security of all customer data, utilizing both manual and automated verification mechanisms including data backup verification.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
Logistical Job Requirements
- Ability to travel within Arkansas and Oklahoma with overnight travel as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings as needed (we very rarely work weekends, but emergencies occasionally come up).
- Ability to climb ladders and lift to 40lbs.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Information Systems or related field, or relevant certification from recognized trade or technical school is preferred.
- MSCA, MSCE, Network+, Security+, VCP, ACSA
- 3 years of industry experience (networks, network infrastructure, hardware, software or related information systems work).
Required Professional Skills
- Excellent team player by collaborating with direct team and cross departments to resolve client questions and escalations. Including follow up communications when concerns have been resolved.
- Strong attention to detail, troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Client focused and the ability to explain technical issues/remedies to clients in simple language (both written and verbal) they can understand.
Required Technical Skills
- Proficient knowledge of computer hardware systems, networks, components and software.
- Proficient in Windows Server Technologies.
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Proficient in root cause analysis.
- Proficient in data backup technologies and procedures as well as compare backed up databases to ensure integrity of backups.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
With over thirty years of experience in the Information Technology industry, Apprentice Information Systems understands the need for technology solutions in local government. With about 50 employees, AIS is a growing IT company providing services and highly developed software and hardware solutions to local government, in both Arkansas and Oklahoma counties and municipalities. AIS headquarters is located in Rogers, AR with satellite offices located in North Little Rock, AR and Tulsa, OK. We have a casual, ‘let’s make-it-happen' culture all while having fun, being supportive to one another and making a real impact in our communities. We take pride in work that glorifies God, honoring our families and delights our clients. AIS will be adding several new positions this year and we hope that you will consider becoming a part of our dynamic yet expanding team! (There is always free coffee and the occasional free breakfast and lunch as well as team building activities)
Apprentice Information Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?