A/V Draftsperson/Engineering Support
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: A/V Draftsperson/Engineering Support
Reports to: Senior Design Engineer/Operations Manager
Using computer design and drafting software, draftsperson will produce initial technical drawings to serve as a visual guide during the engineering of an Advanced Audio-Visual System project. This person will assist with the engineering of mid-level audio/video systems to fulfill the needs of our clients. This position will be responsible for preparing initial engineering drawings and may be asked to assist with work on more complex projects at the supervision of the Senior Design Engineer.
- Provide initial drawings used for fabrication and installation of audio, video, and control systems based on hand drawings provided by account manager using Visio software.
- Coordinate and consult with other team members to design, layout, and detail components and systems.
- Draw and detail plans for Cabling, Audio/Visual, systems based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Modification of drawings with necessary engineering changes
- Work with Sales Department on high level pre-sales engineering drawings for use when submitting proposals.
- This position maintains the as-built archives and drawing submittal packages.
- The successful candidate will be able to accept and maintain close adherence to deadlines and required schedules.
Draftsperson is accountable to the Senior Design Engineer. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
The Draftsperson should have an interest in audio visual system design. Must possess superior interpersonal skills and be a team player. Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to shifting priorities. CTS certifications not required but candidates are encouraged to pursue these certifications. This person would follow a career path to becoming a Design Engineer
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current drivers license.
- Advanced computer aided drafting techniques
- Ability to Interpret Architectural Drawings and System Line Diagrams
- Strict Adherence to Specifications and Standards
- Close adherence to deadlines and schedules
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Applied Video Technology Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Applied Video Technology Inc