Applied Technology Associates - A Blue Halo Company Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ATA, a BlueHalo Company, is seeking an optical engineer to provide end-to-end optical engineering support to diverse R&D programs and small-volume high-tech production contracts. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong creative and critical thinking skills; the desire to be a lead optical engineer on projects as well as contribute to technical proposal writing, customer interactions, etc. The ideal candidate would be able to quickly adapt to various types of work, and would quickly learn new skills, analysis methods, etc. while supporting a diverse range of contracts. The candidate must also be able to work individually and as part of a team environment. Projects are diverse and include laser space communication, directed energy/ high energy laser development and tracking and pointing systems. Work includes all program phases: concept, design, fabrication, assembly, and test.
- Expected to lead the design, analysis, integration, and test activities of optical assemblies for ground, airborne and space applications.
- Will work with Zemax optical software for optical design and drawings. Some Solidworks is a plus, but not necessary.
- Working with precision optics in the fast-growing laser communications and directed energy markets.
- Perform alignment and operation of complex bench top optical systems.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art optical sensors and cameras.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in professional/secure office & laboratory environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other equipment as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are nominally Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Master of Science in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering, or Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering and at least 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience using ZEMAX or similar ray-trace code to design and analyze optics configurations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse technical teams.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete project documentation.
- Experience preparing and executing integration test procedures and supporting integration into a larger system architecture.
- Experience working within a collaborative, distributed, team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with teammates, such as Mechanical Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers, to design manufacturable mechanisms capable of meeting the program performance requirements.
- Ability to contribute to the development of new processes.
- Experience independently diagnosing software and hardware issues to resolution.
- A U.S. Citizen able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with space flight hardware (including environmental requirements, standards, materials, etc.)
- Experience multi-element designing lens systems.
Experience with advanced pointing and tracking systems
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
Applied Technology Associates - A Blue Halo Company
HealthcareView all jobs at Applied Technology Associates - A Blue Halo Company