Senior DoD Program Manager
The Analytical Solutions Division (ASD) of Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior DoD Program Manager working onsite at a location in the Arlington or Falls Church, VA. The potential candidate will provide expertise to gather and rapidly analyze information to provide data-driven integrated proposals, mitigate risks, and exploit opportunities across major DoD nuclear sustainment and modernization programs. This position will support the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear Matters and the Principal Director to identify, capture, and track integrated risks, as well as aggregate technical, geopolitical, operational, and programmatic risks associated with the nuclear enterprise.
- Provide principal-level subject-matter expertise, guidance, and advisory services to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear Matters for nuclear enterprise risk and opportunity management
- Assist the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear Matters in researching, analyzing, and developing decisions regarding nuclear enterprise risk and opportunity management,
- Develop guidance, recommendations, and suggested actions to act upon identified risks and opportunities and participate in communications with other concerned entities to develop viable mitigations or exploitation plans
- Provide improved insight about how to prioritize and manage enterprise risks and opportunities
- Lead small working groups sessions on case studies and business cases
- Frequent interfaces with senior DOE/DoD leaders on key topics across the enterprise
Required Experience and Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related (technical, business, engineering environment) experience is required
- Demonstrated professional experience in the Department of Defense, especially with acquisition and sustainment programs (i.e., Program or Project Management experience)
- Ability to provide support, guidance, and insight to the enterprise-wide approach to addressing the full spectrum of the nuclear security enterprise
- Applicant must hold an active Top-Secret security clearance or DOE Q Clearance and be eligible to access Sensitive Compartmentalized Information
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Haves):
- A Master’s degree with at least 7 years’ experience is a suitable substitute
- Experience with DoE/DoD Nuclear acquisition programs and projects
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 2000 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience.
For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Senior DoD Program Manager position.Experience Required
- 10 year(s): Experience within the Department of Defense, especially with acquisition and sustainment programs
- Bachelors or better
- Bachelor of Engineering or better
- Bachelors or better in Project Management or related field
- Bachelors or better in Technical Management or related field
- Top Secret Clearance
- Project Mgmt Prof
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description
Applied Research Associates (ARA)Arlington, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.