*** Salary commiserate with experience ***
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Position Description Summary:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine and emergency maintenance of production heat-treating equipment and facility operations to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality and safety. This position performs the essential functions of a millwright with extensive welding applications and perform maintenance engineering functions and repairs for all plant mechanical equipment.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Day to Day preventive maintenance of the Industrial Mechanical systems
• Weld/Repair and fabricate from scratch a multitude of projects with and without supervision
• Communication with the operators to obtain knowledge of what system is malfunctioning
• Perform basic computer tasks to log data into preventive maintenance system and work order system
• Perform basic maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic systems in an industrial environment.
• Perform basic plumbing and pipe fitting skills (i.e., perform structural repairs to buildings, platforms, machinery, utility piping and structures at times in elevated positions)
• Install modifications to existing equipment as required
• Work in a team-oriented facility
• Assist in the development of solutions to operating problems and improvements as required
• Perform administrative tasks as assigned from time to time
Formal Education and Certification
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Ability to work 8 hr. shifts (nights, days, weekends, holidays, with some overtime and on-call responsibilities). On-call responsibilities are shared throughout the Maintenance department
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, twist, walk and reach frequently
• Must be able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb frequently
• Must be able to wear safety equipment and/or clothing for protection (PPE) daily
• Must be able to work in a high noise environment where the use of hearing protection is required
• Must be able to work in confined areas, high places, and around equipment in motion
• Must be able to work indoors/outdoors and in extreme hot or cold conditions
• Must be able to work amid fumes, dust, dirt, and smoke
• Must be able to work amid mechanical, electrical, chemical, and industrial hazards
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must have depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Must have the vision capability to see near, mid-range, far and peripheral
· Must be able to talk and hear person to person, on the phone/radio and in a group setting
Additional Desirable Experience
· Good understanding of overall maintenance process and electrical principles including the following:
o Knowledge of PID/closed loop control systems
o Networking tools and standards
o HMI programming and troubleshooting
o PLC’s system building, programming and troubleshooting experience
o Variable Frequency Drive experience
o Ability to interpret electrical schematics for installation, repair, and maintaining equipment
- A group of commercial heat-treating companies that specialize in the Austempering process.
- Austempering is the heating of cast iron or steel in a high-temperature furnace and then transfer it into a molten salt bath to improve properties like strength, wear, and durability.
- AP has been a technology leader in the heat-treating industry since 1978
- Stable company – we are projecting continued growth in the coming years
Why Work Here?Who is Applied Process? - A group of commercial heat-treating companies that specialize in the Austempering process. - Austempering is the heating of cast iron or steel in a high-temperature furnace and then transfer it into a molten salt bath to improve properties like strength, wear, and durability. - AP has been a technology leader in the heat-treating industry since 1978 - Stable company – we are projecting continued growth in the coming years
Great flexibility working with a fantastic growing company!
Fort Smith, AR