Safety Engineer, Product
Applied Materials Santa Clara, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
- Applies extensive technical expertise in one or more safety engineering disciplines. Help to develop new standards, policies and procedures, including situations involving new substances for which no previous analysis work has been completed. Evaluates the introduction of new technologies and its potential interaction with other systems. Stay abreast of most recent research and industry trends in the field.
- Serves as a representative on EH&S and Product Safety industry and association boards. Develop and/or implements programs to minimize risk to employees, customer and the environment. Responsible for Product Safety programs.
- Serves in a consultative capacity with other internal organizations. Is the subject matter expert for Product Safety related to the hardware we develop. Leads EH&S Policy and Program development for the Company in EH&S disciplines. Has deep understanding of global operations and requirements to effectively develop and implement EH&S programs and policies. Responsible for programmatic roll-out of the policies and programs to functional owners and implementation plans. Serves as a representative on industry and association boards. Frequent interaction with senior managers and executives.
- Manages complex and/or large scale projects to completion by leading groups through technical expertise.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for both the EH&S organization and other internal organizations in providing support in EH&S issues and concerns. Has subject matter expertise in Product Safety.
- Acts as an industry expert representing AMAT by providing inputs to company standards or proposed industry standards in various industry forums. May interface between the company and governmental agencies
- Uses subject matter expertise to establish compliance evaluation methods for products, programs, and facilities to meet company and governmental requirements.
- Supports internal customers and external customers on complex code compliance issues, legal issues, and corporate responsibility issues.
- Participates in compliance evaluation of products, programs, and facilities per company and governmental requirements. Participates in the evaluation and analysis of concept and feasibility studies.
- Performs product/system safety analysis on components, subsystems, and systems. Prepares periodic and special reports in connection with engineering studies and projects and from liaison with other companies and outside organizations. Investigates accidents and specifies corrective action programs. May work with customer on complex code compliance issues
- Manage 3rd party Product Safety tool assessments and drive corrective actions within the various internal organizations.
- May develop and implement Product Safety training programs for operations and exposures. Evaluates and specifies work methods, design requirements, procedures and policies. Gathers EHS information and evaluates results. Administers EH&S safety training programs.
- May investigate accidents or incidents and analyze pertinent data and specifies corrective action.
- Subject matter expert in compliance evaluation of products, programs, and facilities per company and governmental requirements.
- May Lead investigation into incidents, product safety events, accidents and issues and analyze pertinent data for issues that may have global impact or require the subject matter expert for the organization to lead this effort.
- Subject matter expert in the use of 8D, FMEA, PHA and other investigation and assessment methods.
- Regarded as the technical expert in Product Safety and detailed knowledge of the requirements located within; NFPA 79, SEMI S2, S8, S14, CE Mark, KC Mark
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- B.S. In Engineering (mechanical, electrical)
Applied MaterialsWhy Work Here?
Come work with and learn from the smartest, most talented people in their fields as they solve our customers’ toughest problems.
Applied Materials Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
AddressSanta Clara, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Applied Materials