Information Security Engineer III - (B3)
Applied Materials Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
Information Security threat landscape continues to remain increasingly complex and require constant vigilance to secure a large, global enterprise. This position will collaborate with various stakeholders within IT, Legal, HR, and business units to assess and provide information security assessment & gaps to be addressed and driven for closure. This position will work on assessing the security controls of new & existing applications & processes and oversee the incident response process. This position will work closely with business managers, and IT to communicate the importance and need for enhanced security controls.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action
- Develop, implement, and maintain security assessment processes & tools to review the security controls in on premise and cloud-based applications
- Evaluate the impact of cloud applications on the overall Enterprise Architecture as it relates to information security
- Ensure that security is embedded in the project delivery process by providing appropriate information security policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Work with Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) to manage & contain information security incidents and events to protect company IT assets, Intellectual Property, and company's reputation
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
- provide information associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Work with external vendors as appropriate for items such as scanning, incident response and penetration testing.
- Assess information from various security logging systems and take appropriate actions
- Conduct information security risk assessments based on industry standards (NIST, ISO, SANS Critical Security Controls).
- Respond to advisory service requests to address and drive thru for closure as needed .
- Conduct security assessment on internal applications/infrastructure and deliver reports detailing assessment observations and associated recommendations for information security program development to help the client meet security and compliance standards.
- Perform technical research into advanced, targeted attacks, crimeware campaigns, malware and other emerging technologies and techniques to identify and report on cyber-attacks and attackers
- Perform proactive research to identify, categorize and produce reports on new and existing threats
- Conduct insightful research on observed and noteworthy threats, as discovered using open and proprietary source as well as vendor-provided intelligence
- Supply actionable recommendations to other teams within Applied Materials, to bolster cyber security efforts
- Provide additional support and insight to internal teams as requested, assisting with incident investigation as needed
- Display strong technical aptitude with: IT Security, Enterprise Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Antivirus, Web and Email Security, Server and application monitoring, Windows and Linux based Web Services.
- BA/BS in Information Technology or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience in a combination of information security, risk management, security review, and incident response
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001,ITIL, COBIT as well as those from NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework
- Experience with Security Operations, Incident Response, Threat Hunting and Assurance methodologies
- Experience in using standard Security Assessment and Penetration Testing tools.
- Knowledge on application security, EDR, email security, Identity management, networks, firewalls and multiple operating systems
- High degree of competence with Microsoft Office Productivity Applications
- Ability to assess, validate and incorporate new tools, practices, and process to gain efficiencies in the areas of cyber security & intellectual property protection
- Sound knowledge of business management and a working knowledge of information security risk management and cybersecurity technologies
- Demonstrated experience in supporting information security in global company
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a key participant in collaboration across global teams
- The individual must be an independent, confident, persistent and results-oriented individual - not an order-taker but rather one who contributes ideas and opinions to ensure sound solutions are implemented.
- Able to deal with influencing skills, ambiguity and work independently with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Excellent English communication and
- Solid oral and written communications, problem solving, commitment to task, ability to lead and influence change.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
Applied MaterialsWhy Work Here?
We are strongly positioned on enabling the powerful, long-term trends that we expect to drive future growth in the electronics industry.
Applied Materials Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
9700 US HWY 290 East AustinAustin, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Applied Materials