EHS Environmental Engineer IV - (E4)
Applied Materials Santa Clara, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical
- Responsible for the program management of the Environmental Engineering function for the Applied Materials’ RD&E and manufacturing operations in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale, CA.
- Performs air quality compliance duties including equipment and facility permitting, compliance auditing, emissions control abatement approvals, record keeping and reporting, liaison with the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
- Performs wastewater compliance duties including equipment and facility permitting, equipment installation design reviews, compliance auditing, record keeping and reporting, liaison with the local publicly owned treatment works (POTW).
- Position will report to the Sr. Manager of EHS responsible for operations in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale, CA. Position will work closely with site management in RD&E and manufacturing and other EHS staff to drive environmental programs, ensure regulatory compliance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure Environmental programs and management systems in place and effective to minimize the risks to employees, the environment and the community. Some of the Key Environmental programs for the site include:
- Hazardous Materials Management Program
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Air Emissions and Permitting management (i.e. BAAQMD)
- Wastewater Permitting and Storm Water Programs
- EPA Superfund and NPDES Permit Management
- EPA Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting
- Ensures compliance with required environmental codes, standards and regulations. Act as a liaison with local, regional or federal regulatory authorities.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, codes and standard in their environmental discipline. Evaluates and specifies work methods, design requirements, procedures and policies.
- Ensures proper investigations of environmental incidents conducted for EH&S events and drive corrective actions to closure. Able to use 8D, FMEA, PHA and other investigation and assessment methods.
- Review and report Environmental progress and performance for assigned site/function based on established EH&S metrics to site management.
- Ensures that specific projects assigned are completed as planned to meet EH&S goals. Provides management with updates and escalation on projects/programs. Maintain communication channel with site/location functions.
- May develop and implement environmental training programs for operations and exposures.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding Environmental issues.
- Provide technical guidance on Environmental issues to the site manufacturing and engineering organizations and contribute to the development of site-wide EH&S standards and procedures.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Applied MaterialsWhy Work Here?
We are strongly positioned on enabling the powerful, long-term trends that we expect to drive future growth in the electronics industry.
Applied Materials Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
3050 Bowers AveSanta Clara, CA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Applied Materials