Corporate Paralegal – Entity Management
General Scope and Summary
Applied Materials, Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied is seeking an energetic team player with experience in U.S. and international legal entity management. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Legal Affairs, this position will work closely with other members of the legal department, local counsel and corporate stakeholders in various countries as well as Tax, Treasury, Accounting and other departments.
The successful candidate will have a client-service focus, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, stimulating and collegial environment, maintain confidentiality and operate with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism.
- Manage U.S. and international subsidiaries and branches in close coordination with Tax and Treasury departments, and with assistance of internal or external counsel as needed, including:
- Ensuring annual reports and other documents for each subsidiary are filed timely and with accurate information, and taking all other steps necessary to maintain subsidiaries and branches in good standing in the relevant jurisdictions, including those related to annual and quarterly meetings, annual and periodic officer/director elections, etc.
- Preparing and filing all necessary documents for formation, dissolution or consolidation of domestic and international subsidiaries and branches, including articles of association, bylaws and articles of dissolution.
- Coordinating with corporate agents and legal counsel to evaluate the need for annual returns, qualifications in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, business licenses and other governmental filings as necessary to comply with local, state and national requirements for business operations, and preparing the necessary documents for such activities.
- Preparing the necessary board and shareholder meeting minutes and consents and other corporation documents necessary for the foregoing activities.
- Maintaining an online database of all company subsidiaries and branches (e.g., Blueprint).
- Managing corporate agents and legal representatives within and outside the U.S.
- Obtaining notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed.
- Preparing worldwide corporate structure charts and subsidiary lists.
- Support Tax and Treasury departments with various intercompany transactions, including quarterly subsidiary dividends, periodic intercompany borrowings, asset transfers and other intercompany transactions, and KYC requests.
- Support merger and acquisition activities, including harmonizing acquired companies’ entity management practices with those of Applied Materials.
- Help manage the entity management budget, and review and process invoices from outside law firms and vendors.
- Support other special corporate projects as requested.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in subsidiary management with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company; experience with international subsidiary management strongly preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate.
- Knowledge of legal entity management system (e.g., Diligent Blueprint), and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Team-oriented, with proven ability to form strong working relationships and work cross-functionally to drive results.
- Strategic, creative, practical and open-minded thinking with excellent business judgment and a focus on business outcomes.
- Strong sense of humor, high personal standards of excellence and sound judgment.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and ability to address conflict and difficult issues in a professional and effective manner.
Why Work Here?Applied Materials Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
We are strongly positioned on enabling the powerful, long-term trends that we expect to drive future growth in the electronics industry.