- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since 1991, Applied Control Engineering, Inc. (ACE) has been working with manufacturing and engineering professionals in every aspect of process control, manufacturing automation, and systems integration. From a core background in the chemical industry, ACE has grown into providing system integration services to a very diverse set of industries – from biotechnology & pharmaceuticals to metals & mining.
ACE is currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team in support of the Northeast Region.
As an Outside Sales Engineer you will perform sales and sales support tasks from lead qualification to the proposal process to the close of the sale while also servicing existing accounts. Outside Sales Engineers must be adept in communicating the customer’s needs to ACE management, forecasting future sales, and supporting other sales activities.
In this role you will:
- Proactively call on assigned accounts to grow existing business
- Prospect in the territory for new (unassigned) account to develop new business
- Identify key contacts and introduce ACE's offerings
- Be perceptive and attentive with customers in order to anticipate future needs
- Create proposal requests based off customer's needs
- Develop estimated costs in response to proposal requests
- Write proposals
- Follow up and close sale
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering or technically related field.
- Able to learn new concepts and communicate their understanding in a clear manner while demonstrating a high level of technical acumen and proficiency
- Capable of observing and solving technical challenges using knowledge from previous sales and technical experiences
- Strives to develop knowledge of current and potential future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the organization
- Able to understand challenges and divide those issues into simpler functions that can be easily solved
- Sees the bigger picture and is able to forecast the impact of decisions and predict unintended consequences
- Demonstrates strong written communication abilities
- Able to communicate complex proposals as well as simpler ones.
- Can effectively communicate customer requirements to other personnel, and effectively communicate ACE offerings to customers
- Demonstrates the desire to learn more and has the skills required to lead a technical team
- Very bottom-line oriented and can push self and others for results.
- Is easy to approach and talk to while also demonstrating technical knowledge
- Able to see a project from different perspectives, including the customers
- Takes responsibility of assignments, is self-directed, consistently meets deadlines, and communicates concerns and issues when they arise.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in selling engineering, automation, or technically related professional services within the manufacturing sector
- A general understanding of manufacturing processes
- Prior project management or leadership experience
Applied Control Engineering, Inc. (ACE) provides employees with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package and salary ranges commensurate with experience.
For more information about Applied Control Engineering, Inc. (ACE), please visit our website at www.ace-net.com.
ACE is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer. ACE will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation to meet any of the above qualifications, please contact Human Resources.
Applied Control Engineering
Get fresh Technical Sales Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.