Senior Help Desk Technician - On Site Quantico, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Senior-level Helpdesk Technician
Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret/SCI Eligibility
Employment Status: Full Time
Classification: Non- Exempt
Travel Required: NO
Location: Quantico, VA
The Sr. Helpdesk Technician provides Executive Customer Support for all “VIP” tickets. They are also the point of escalation for the lower Tier support items which the lower level techs cannot close out without assistance. The Sr. Helpdesk Technician provides escalated Tier II-III technical support and account administration on NIPR and SIPR systems.
They will serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
- Act as the primary point of contact for end users to provide ongoing support, monitoring, and lifecycle management of incident tickets.
- Deliver comprehensive, end-to-end customer IT support to include transitioning, operating, maintaining, tracking, restoring, protecting, and backups.
- Provide Service Desk customer support for all AFOSI computer networks and systems with an emphasis on customer services and call/ticket resolution at differing classification levels including controlled unclassified information, Secret, Top Secret, and Counter-Intelligence.
- Document all trouble-shooting and customer interaction in the tracking system work log.
- Recognize application and technical problem trends and provide mitigation plans in order to avoid future occurrence.
- Notify customers when there is a change in ticket status or priority or when necessary to ensure good customer service.
- Monitor tickets for trends and patterns indicating a significant outage or event and ensure affected customers are notified early and are updated regularly.
- Field IA policy questions and independently research and answer user questions.
- Perform the installation of equipment, connection of peripherals, and the installing/deleting of client level software and ensure all documentation is in accordance with AF and DoD policies, guidance, and directives. Implement client workstation software patches, security fixes, and service releases according to local instructions.
- Manage and establish network user accounts. Support customer requests and troubleshoot including administrative and technical assistance for all aspects and types of workstations, mobile phones, tablets, Virtual Private Network (VPN), laptops, and tier one (1) troubleshooting of Video Teleconference (VTC) / Global Video System (GVS) issues prior to escalation.
- The Sr. helpdesk technician shall ensure immediate attention and support is provided to the AFOSI Top Four (Executive tickets/issues). The Executive staff consist of the client Commander, Executive Director, Vice Commander, and Command Chief Master Sergeant.
- Will work with, report to, and complete tasking from ACT’s offsite project manager, in addition to the onsite project management resources.
- Is required to maintain current contractual training requirements, as well as ACT training requirements.
Minimum Experience, Education and Certification:
- Active Top Secret Clearance (Required) with SCI Eligibility
- CompTIA Security+ certified (Required)
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification desired
- Experience managing ticket resolution ITSM, such as Remedy.
- Experience with mobile device management, including handling mobile device requests in accordance with AF policies, issuing devices, administering accounts, and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Experience with Blackberry devices and Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management software on mobile devices.
- Experience with iPhone mobile devices and PureBred software for mobile device management.
- Must be able to provide courteous, timely and professional treatment of all customers when a problem is reported through necessary troubleshooting, elevations, collaboration and resolution.
- Experience with a USAF IT environment a plus.
- Must have outstanding customer service and communications skills and able to interact professionally within all levels of an organization.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
• Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to handle frustrated customers with respect and patience
Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in written and verbal communications
Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users, Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 95% of the time.
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion.
Applied Computing Technologies
TechnologyView all jobs at Applied Computing Technologies