Senior Process Engineer
Applied Chemical Technology New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- 15+ years of experience with chemical process and product design and development, safety enhancements, commissioning and start-up services, cost estimation and control, plant construction, and project management required
- Experience in the fertilizer industry is required
- Experience in management of employees and financial requirements of a department preferred
- Have or willing to obtain a Professional Engineering license
- Ability to handle multiple projects and clients to maintain good relationships and achieve the clients’ goals
- Ability to manage projects of varying size from start to finish, including expense tracking, billing, coordinating scheduling, and execution of all stages
- Ability to maintain project schedules and meet deadlines, as well as putting the right people on each job to meet required deadlines
- Effective communication through verbal, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to maintain a professional, courteous, and tactful working relationship with other employees and with clients and visitors
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment and a professional appearance while on the job
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
Job Duties: Will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Report to the Vice President
- Manage the Process Engineering, Research and Development, and Pilot Plant departments, including personnel, finances, training, project activities, project expense tracking, and sales efforts
- Directly supervise chemical/process engineers, lab manager, and pilot plant manager
- Respect and adhere to all active contracts and confidentiality agreements with Applied Chemical Technology and associated clients
- Respect and adhere to all safety rules, procedures, and complete all necessary safety training
- Work with project managers to complete all phases of engineering, research and development, and pilot plant projects, including cost tracking and billing
- Coordinate with other department managers and directors to ensure smooth transitions between project phases
- Communicate with general management about the needs of the departments, create a plan for meeting those needs, and provide reports to general management regarding progress of client projects
- Develop relationships with clients to ensure open communication of client goals and plans for achieving
- Travel as needed, sometimes on short notice, and including international travel
Physical Demands: As necessary to carry out essential duties and responsibilities, requiring:
- Coordinate the use of both hands to perform tasks
- Ability to stand for long hours overseeing project operations and sit for long hours at work station or in meetings
- Lifting and handling of boxes and other equipment up to 50lbs
- Reaching overhead, stooping, kneeling, walking, talking, hearing, reading and seeing
Hours: 40 hrs/week; must be able to work on short notice and work extra hours, including weekends, if needed
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including medical, 401k, annual leave and other available
This position is exempt from the National Labor Relations Act requirements.
Living in the Shoals
Our location isn’t just appealing to business and industry; it’s also very appealing to the people who call the Shoals home. The Shoals offers a vibrant quality of life and a more laid-back pace than a larger city.
Applied Chemical TechnologyWhy Work Here?
Applied Chemical Technology is a family owned/operated business that has been in the Shoals for over 40 years.
Applied Chemical Technology (ACT) has been in service for over 40 years. At ACT, we care about out employees as well as our clients. As a result of a culture of caring, employees at ACT are loyal to our company. More than 50% of our employees have worked at ACT for over ten years! ACT’s team of professional engineers, designers, chemists, laboratory and controls technicians, and master craftsmen, specializes in the design and construction of large and small scale production plants for innovative chemical products and processes. Applied Chemical Technology is located in the Florence-Lauderdale Industrial Park in Florence, Alabama and serves clients locally and globally! Living in the Shoals Our location isn’t just appealing to business and industry; it’s also very appealing to the people who call the Shoals home. The Shoals offers a vibrant quality of life and a more laid-back pace than a larger city. https://www.seda-shoals.com/living-here
4350 Helton Dr.New Orleans, LA