Junior Project Manager
- Posted: March 09, 2023
ABcom, a prominent provider of design and build of business-critical network infrastructures for data centers and all business types is adding a Junior Project Manager to its growing team!
Purpose of this position: The Junior Project Manager will support the project manager and site superintendent on one of the largest construction sites in Arizona and the US! Assists sale activities in commercial, industrial, and government markets, construction and others, to find and develop new accounts, build existing relationships with clients and partners, and help grow the ABcom business. Delivers high quality results that differentiates us from low-end competitors. The Solutions Engineer uses AutoCAD, Accubid, and Revit for Power Distribution, Telecommunications, Fiber, Copper, Wireless, and Physical Security Systems. Primary vertical markets include Commercial, Healthcare, Higher Ed., and Data-Center/Mission Critical facilities. Contributes throughout all phases of the project life-cycle including pre-engineering business development stages, initial planning (estimating, bidding, RFP/RFQs), engineering/design/drafting, change-order implementation, site visits/walk-throughs, and project closeout. Provides project management support for this large project in coordination with Senior Project Manager and site superintendent, including but not limited to contacting vendors and/or subcontractors for pricing, reviewing contracts, coordinating with field personnel, attending site meetings, creating and complying with schedules, and providing additional support for the team as needed.
- Assists in successful project work through design, estimating, and project management.
- Use Accubid to estimate costs for bids
- Develop and successfully present proposals that withstand critical examination, bring value to customers, and meet ABcom minimum standard handoffs to Operations for closed sales work
- Travel the site for site visits/walk-throughs
- Network and develop relationships with industry players
- Cultivate good customer relationships and communications to build repeat business and gain referrals
- Shadow Senior Project Managers to continuously learn about the telecommunication industry to become Senior Project Manager in future
- Leverage networking and consultative skills to develop new business
- Take BICSI courses to learn more about the low-voltage industry.
- Operate AutoCAD to design projects and provides engineering design assistance to Sales.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Operations
- Education, credentials, licenses: Associates Degree or certificate from 2-year program in construction estimation, telecommunications, project management, or estimating related; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure highly regarded. AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
- Experience: Previous experience using estimating software in a professional setting, preferably Accubid.
- Skills: - Detail Oriented - Resourceful - Flexible - Accountable - Problem-solving - Strong Work Ethic - Effective Communication - Organized and Detail Oriented - Willingness to Learn
ABcom offers a competitive compensation package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and vacation package. Salary to be determined, based on experience and education.
Applied Business Communications (ABcom)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?