About our organization:Applied Behavioral Counseling provides home based ABA (applied behavioral analysis) therapy to children with autism.
DESCRIPTION of the position:The ABA therapist works directly with the child with autism at their home, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). This child is a 5 year old boy with Autism.
LOCATION:We have a case in Washington, DC that is for immediate hire for approximately 4 hours per week.
SCHEDULE: Fridays 3:30 - 5:30 PM or 4 - 6 PM & Saturday afternoon for 2 hours (flexible)
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Job:
· Implement 1:1behavioral intervention programs to children with autism in their homes.
· Participate in a training program that provides instruction on ABA, discrete trial teaching techniques, management of maladaptive behaviors, child development and data collection techniques applicable to the client population.
· Receive supervision from a BCBA, for each client they work with.
· Observe and record child's behaviors through data input into an electronic device and log hours and data accurately.
· Communicate with supervisory staff
REQUIREMENTS of the job:
Must have a minimum of 1 full year of ABA experience with children with autism
Must have BA in related field or working towards degree in related field.
RBT certification preferred, but not required. We provide and require RBT training.
Job Type: Part-time