Essential Job Functions:
1. 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced machining, processing and/or aerospace environment.
2. Establish tools/techniques for Quality KPI metrics/data to drive improvement.
3. Will implement and streamline processes/procedural workflows within the QMS.
4. Strategically lead quality process improvement projects.
5. Highly focused on Quality processes analysis, value stream mapping, Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen and related Continuous Improvement (CI) methods and implementation.
6. Identify risks/failure mode projects through DFMEA, PFMEA and PPAP.
7. \Will develop/implement Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) plans.
8. Ensure compliance to AS9100 and related standards.
9. Knowledge of Aerospace quality systems is required.
10. Experience with OEM, Boeing and/or Airbus quality systems is highly desirable.
11. Write and update Quality Manual, Procedures, Work Instructions and related documentation.
12. Manage Quality Documentation, including Master and Computer files).
13. Strong knowledge of AS9100, ISO, FAA, NADCAP.
14. Administer corrective/preventive action reporting from internal Audits/Quality System Non-Conformances.
15. Analyze and assess inspection/testing processes and equipment.
16. Perform benchmarking studies to determine best practices and future quality trending.
17. Solid understanding of inspection measuring equipment, including: surface plates, micrometers, height gages, radius gages, protractors, profilometers, dial indicators, etc.
18. Ability to read blueprints and perform, manufacturing and inspection math skills.
Primary Skills and Abilities
1. Apply statistical methods and perform analysis of current and future processes/procedures to determine staff requirements, and production standards.
2. Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
3. Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, repair capabilities, and project status.
4. Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
5. Review production schedules, engineering specifications, repair orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of methods, procedures, and activities.
6. Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
7. Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
8. Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
9. Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
10. Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
11. Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts and assess cost and responsibility.
12. Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
13. Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
14. Develop methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
15. Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
16. Plan and establish sequence of time standards to the shop floor as well as standard work for operations and processes to promote efficient utilization.
17. Schedule deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
18. Regulate and alter workflow schedules if necessary to expedite production operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED
BS Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering
Proficient in MS Office
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Applied Aerodynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants are considered for employment based upon their skills and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Good benefits-medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, PTO, and 401K.