Job Description: Operations Supervisor – Call Center
Department: Operations/Verifications & Occupational Health
Location: Corporate HQ
Report to: Manager/Director of Operations
Pay Tier: Supervisor (Exempt)
Applicant insight (Ai), one of the country’s premier employment background check and drug testing companies, headquartered in New Port Richey FL, is seeking a talented and results-driven supervisor to lead the call center operations team at Ai’s corporate facility. The ideal candidate should have experience organizing work groups, coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing rules, and ensuring accurate & timely attention to work assignments. The supervisor should demonstrate strong communication and leaderships skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively. The Supervisor will guide, train, and support each team member, and will motivate their work cell to help the company fulfill its larger mission. As a servant leader, the supervisor role is supportive and developmental to gain the most of his/her team while also inspiring employees to own their work and optimize their results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position includes the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Supervise and work with Ai’s Verifications and Occupational Health teams and workflow to ensure the quality and integrity inbound/outbound calls related to verification of education and employment history as well as scheduling and follow-up of clinical drug & breath alcohol testing and physical exams.
- Communicates performance goals and project deadlines in order to reach the targeted production level in the stipulated time.
- Delegates work assignments to Specialists, tracks progress, and provides constructive feedback throughout each initiative.
- Addresses concerns with work quality, efficiency, attendance, issues between employees, and other concerns in an effective & timely manner.
- Prepares and presents timely reports regarding the performance of individuals and teams.
- Able to perform and/or support all Call Center Specialist duties to assist in workflow, serve as a backup, and delegate specific tasks when necessary.
- Identifies potential problems or discrepancies with operational workflow and engages appropriate internal departments and external vendors to resolve them.
- Works with all Ai departments to assist in the definition of process requirements and to support future improvements.
- Coordinates the initial training of Call Center Specialists on specific business unit duties and may cross train Specialists in other business units if needed.
- Reviews and analyzes Call Center Specialist’s results and works with individuals to elevate performance and facilitate additional training if necessary.
- Act as a liaison with IT and the Call Center teams to ensure that systems, tools, and processes are functioning properly.
- General knowledge and experience with call center staffing, process development, training, and management of staff.
- Occupational Health experience in coordination and follow up of clinical events a plus.
- A helpful and friendly servant leadership demeanor.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to be a contributing team member in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Manage multiple projects with changing priorities, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to advance knowledge of service offerings, platforms, interdepartmental processes and understanding of FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Acts), DOT, and other substantial regulations.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely using appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation in computer systems and in written and verbal correspondence.
- Effective communicator with the ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills and particularly strong attention to detail.
- Properly handle confidential information and records.
- Ability to project a professional company image in-person, through email and phone interaction.
- This position will provide leadership and support to the Ai’s Verifications and Occupational Health call center operations.
- Assigns and delegates work assignments to available resources.
- Monitors results and coordinates the ongoing coaching and development of the Call Center staff, including performance improvement plans.
- Guides and influences Specialists to adhere to company policies and guidelines.
- Approves employee work hours and time-off requests, and monitors team attendance.
- Conducts annual performance reviews, motivates team members, and creates strategies to boost productivity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The position is a full-time position.
- The employee must be available and present for pre-determined 8-hour shifts between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., M-F, and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
- Some flexibility in hours is permitted. Part time employment may also be considered if agreed upon in advance with management.
Travel is not expected in this role.
- High School Education or GED equivalent.
- Call center experience.
- 1+ years’ experience with supervision of over 10 employees
- Minimum of 5 years call center, business processing, data entry, or background check evaluation experience.
- Prior experience in a training, supervisory, or managerial role a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other collaboration and reporting tools.
- Great time management, organizational skills, and an eye for detail.
Established in 1990 and headquartered in New Port Richey, FL, Applicant Insight, Inc. is a single source provider of workforce screening solutions for businesses in both regulated and non-regulated industries for over 25 years. Applicant Insight currently manages programs for many of the most visible companies in the US, and regularly consults with major national employers and associations to develop employment screening solutions that are cost-effective, compliant, and address corporate goals and regulatory requirements.
Ai's background screening solutions are accredited by the Background Screening Credentialing Council (BSCC), as recognized by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS).
Applicant Insight proactively advocates for key industry initiatives through ongoing leadership and involvement in professional organizations including but not limited to: the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), The Securities and Insurance Licensing Association (SILA), the HR-XML Consortium, and the Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA).
As a complete provider of background screening, drug and alcohol testing, occupational health services, reporting, program management solutions, forms automation, insurance industry automated appointments workflow, agent self-pay, and vendor management programs, Ai holds a marketplace niche at building thorough and compliant programs that cross multiple service lines. Our position as a single-source provider of the complete range of workforce screening requirements is unique to the industry, allowing our partners to find ways to cut costs by consolidating their screening services under one partner.
Applicant Insight is the home of 31 IT team members working in an Agile office on .net core, C# and Java technologies.