The Company: Juniper Village is dedicated to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual whose life we touch so that we may all live fully throughout all seasons of life. We do this by encouraging an active body, an engaged mind and a fulfilled spirit.
Juniper Village owns and operates assisted living and skilled care communities in four regions across the country. The company’s operations are designed and managed to provide the finest quality personal service and exceptional care to foster healthy and independent lives for those who live and work in our communities. The company’s team of experienced committed individuals is deeply committed to achieving the company’s mission and balancing quality in service, program and environment with financial stability and prosperity.
Together, we nurture the spirit of life.
Position Description: Concierge/Receptionist
Reports to: Business Office Manager
Role: Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the front desk and telephones. Responsible for administrative and clerical duties that support members of the Leadership Team. This is accomplished by taking into account Juniper Communities’ philosophy, hallmarks, policies and procedures as well as current federal, state and local regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance to Juniper Communities’ philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of First Impressions.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, forward and take messages as appropriate.
- Ensure prospective resident inquiries are recorded accurately and forwarded to appropriate manager for immediate follow-up.
- Greet and direct visitors and guests. In a customer service oriented manner.
- Ensure marketing waiting areas and concierge areas are clean and organized. Oversee all components of First Impressions program.
- Ensure snacks are available in marketing areas.
- Organize and distribute mail.
- Receive and send packages.
- Perform functions of computer/data processor as needed.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Perform secretarial functions as needed.
- Assist with preparation and mailing out of invitations, notices, flyers, etc. to target mailing lists.
- Coordinate resident assessment dates and times with Leadership Team.
- Assist with move-in process.
- Assist in the development of resident files.
- Maintain various logs.
- Assist in the coordination of resident transportation services.
- Make written and oral reports to the Executive Director concerning First Impressions.
- Work in concert with other members of the Leadership Team. Especially with Community Relations Director.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the In Touch Orientation and in service training.
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day to day operational needs of the Concierge areas.
- Accept employment applications and assists in the coordination of associate hiring process.
- Maintain telephone record of all messages taken.
- Issues meal tickets.
- Assist in resident information management.
- Serve as networking team member, as directed.
- A High School Diploma, an Associate, or Bachelor’s Degree in Business is desired.
- Previous experience in healthcare or service related setting.
- Aptitude for math.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adults.
Behavioral Skills: Embraces and exhibits the Juniper Mindset, Values and Behaviors
o Deliver a Personalized Experience
o Share a Passion for Wellbeing
o Collaborate for the Common Good
o Lead by Example
o Be Accountable for Results
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Presents a highly polished, professional image, appearance and manner.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Attends and participates in mandated yearly training programs and all required meetings.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently so as to achieve goals.
- Adheres to all Human Resources policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Works in an office as well as throughout the community and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours. Movement includes, but is not limited to standing, walking, sitting, pulling, lifting, reaching, carrying, pushing, climbing, kneeling, stooping, and twisting.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function so that the requirements of the position can be met.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Able to communicate intentions and directions to residents, staff, families, and others as needed.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc. including tuberculosis, the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday as well as reactions from duct, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.