Role: To perform the day-to-day activities related to housekeeping and laundry services to ensure that the community is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner
- Ensure compliance to Juniper Village philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the Environmental Services Department.
- Follow specific cleaning and laundry procedures as outlined in the Environmental Services Manual.
- Clean public areas, rest rooms, offices, corridors, and other communal areas as directed.
- Clean floors utilizing proper operation of floor cleaning equipment.
- Ensure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained when performing housekeeping and laundry procedures.
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed for the disposal of all personal protective equipment.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Dispose of trash and bio-hazardous waste daily and in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned and stored properly.
- Report any broken or damaged equipment to your supervisor.
- Distributes needed supplies.
- Conducts inventory of supplies as directed.
- Performs set-up and takedown functions of meetings and special events.
- A High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult.
- Embraces and exhibits the Juniper Mindset, Values and Behaviors
- Deliver a Personalized Experience
- Share a Passion for Wellbeing
- Collaborate for the Common Good
- Lead by Example
- Be Accountable for Results
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Attends and participates in mandated yearly training programs and all required meetings.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently so as to achieve goals.
- Adheres to all Human Resources policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, ergonomics, repetitive tasks, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Works in an office as well as throughout the community and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours. Movement includes, but is not limited to standing, walking, sitting, pulling, lifting, reaching, carrying, pushing, climbing, kneeling, stooping, and twisting.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and carry such weight.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function so that the requirements of the position can be met.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Able to communicate intentions and directions to residents, staff, families and others as needed.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc. including tuberculosis, the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday as well as reactions from duct, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.