Founded in 2001, Applerouth began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, DC, New York, Chicago and Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends beyond well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.Job Description
Applerouth Tutoring Services seeks a proactive, self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented individual to join the Independent Educational Consultants (IEC) Team. The IEC Team is responsible for increasing Applerouth’s footprint within the IEC community, encouraging educational consultants to refer their students to Applerouth for tutoring and offering IECs a variety of resources that support their work. The Account Coordinator will serve as part of the IEC Team and will be committed to ensuring that we continue to provide first-class service and expert resources to the IEC community as the company grows into new markets. This individual would be responsible for supporting the Director of IEC Engagement in keeping IECs informed about Applerouth’s service offerings, industry trends, and their clients’ tutoring progress in new markets, including Houston and Chicago.
- Manage IEC student accounts to help the Director facilitate successful student experiences and timely communication with IECs about their students throughout the client lifecycle
- Prepare student updates for active students as well as potential clients who are currently in the enrollment process
- Assist with inter-departmental communication to implement IEC-related initiatives
- Plan events such as luncheons, meetings, and “meet the tutors” for IECs
- BS/BA required
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities
- A record of proactive professionalism and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in the tutoring, test prep, education consulting, or admissions fields strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Experience driving business growth, ideally in a new market or start-up organization, a plus but not required
- Comfort using technological tools for remote work such as databases, video conferencing and Google Suite
- Willingness to travel occasionally (5-10%) for meetings or events
Position Type: Part Time
Location: Flexible, with preference for Houston, Chicago or Seattle
Why Work at Applerouth?
The Team. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more fun, creative, intelligent group of people. Office meetings may sometimes get nerdy (in a recent one, we may have debated whether it’s grammatically correct to say “myriad of opportunities” versus “myriad opportunities”), but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company lunches, April Fools pranks, etc. abound.
Autonomy. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most. If you’re hitting your goals and keeping your clients happy, you won’t find many micromanagers among us.
Growth potential. Our materials and tutoring methods are at the cutting edge of education, and our fantastic results and customer service have contributed to rapid growth year over year. Since we promote from within whenever possible, this translates into myriad opportunities for motivated employees.
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended