AppleTree Staffing is partnering up with one of our manufacturing clients located on the northwest side of Indianapolis to help them hire for their open Maintenance Mechanic position.
This company has been in business for over 75 years and they are one of the nation’s leading providers of accessories for the trucking industry. Since they offer innovative, high quality products, they continue to grow and are looking add to their team.
They also offer a full benefits package to their employees that include health insurance and paid time off. In addition to all of this; they offer plenty of career advancement opportunities for the individuals with the right work ethic and attitude.
In this position you will work on making mechanical systems more efficient, installing new machinery, troubleshoot various issues with equipment, repair mechanical parts and maintain the system for maximum output. You would be working in a fast-paced industrial setting, where every day is unique and interesting.
- Ensure strict adherence to all relevant federal and local guidelines for safety and productivity including, OSHA, ADA and other required regulations.
- Complete periodic maintenance of equipment and machinery by following the recommended upkeep schedule throughout the life of the devices.
- Troubleshoot common issues with equipment and assist operators with getting back to a productive mode.
- Repair machines in order to limit machinery downtime during the production calendar.
- Evaluate work space safety on the production floor to ensure all staff is following guidelines with equipment.
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of machinery, including plumbing, electrical jobs and more depending on the scope of the project.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area using 5s methodology while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation.
- A year or more of experience working on mechanical/industrial machines (cars, farm equipment, lawn equipment)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate a desire for learning
- Prefer previous experience with welding and fabrication
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance record