AppleTree staffing is currently accepting applications for a Production Supervisor for one of our clients located in Martinsville! This is a FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE position with a great company!!
Our client has been in business over 40 years and they work with military and commercial aerospace clients. They offer solid benefits and there is a lot of growth potential!
In this role the employee will be responsible for executing daily production schedules by coordinating all activities regarding materials, equipment, tools, operators and maintenance to produce quality parts in accordance with production procedures and safety standards in order to meet customer delivery expectations.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedules and supervises all receiving and shipping activities.
- Coordinates all maintenance activities with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
- Schedules and supervises production (both people and equipment) to exceed or meet customer delivery requirements per release schedules.
- Maintains accurate control of multiple moving components and assemblies throughout the facility.
- Responsible for controlling budgetary expectations regarding scrap, productivity, and overtime.
- Promote Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure metrics are met through following standard process.
- Support continuous improvement activities with Quality and Engineering in order to increase productivity, quality, and scrap reduction.
- Take ownership of the entire facility (including the employees and equipment within) to ensure that production is supported at the highest level for safety, quality, and on time delivery.
- Responsible for communicating to all levels of the company regarding plant operations including the preparation and submission of monthly production metrics.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Six (6) years of related experience or equivalent
- Previous experience with resource planning
- Prefer knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Able to lift up to 50lbs as needed
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
PAY RATE: $50-60K/yr or above, based on experience