AppleCare Field Service Diagnostics - Software QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino),California,United States
Software and Services
- - 4+ years of software QA experience or a related field.
- - Possess a solid understanding of software testing and QA methodologies.
- - Intermediate knowledge of Unix-based systems and command-line tools for interfacing with binaries, debugging, and automation; python or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
- - Experience with automated test harness configuration and management.
- - Experience with source control technologies like Git.
- - In-depth familiarity with operating and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software; take-apart and repair experience is a plus.
- - Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed.
- - Curiosity and willingness to deep dive into technical areas as needed, and ability to summarize key points and author clear documentation.
- - Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- - Proven ability to accurately collect and track testing data, and to assist developers and project leads in gauging test coverage and impact.
- Develop new and improve existing automated tests for web applications, APIs, and macOS/iOS applications. - Work closely with engineering teams to build and maintain automated test suites. - Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution. - Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases. - Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other cross-functional teams. - Identify and close gaps in testing coverage with automated tests or tools. - Execute and oversee all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf (Opens in a new window) at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html Learn more at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you're applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf guidelines at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf (opens in a new window) at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html Learn more at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodation_drugfree.html .