The largest casual dining chain in the world; Applebee’s, has an immediate opening for a restaurant Area Director. The Area Director is responsible for driving excellence in the day-to-day business operations by establishing, maintaining, and coaching company standards, expectations, culture, setting goals, and providing internal problem resolution; in conjunction with providing support to their management teams. All of which contributes to their successful achievements in meeting sales objectives, providing guest service/satisfaction, ensuring food quality/safety, and upholding the brand's store cleanliness maintenance levels.
Applebee’s Area Directors are responsible for the profitability of their assigned restaurants and ensures the highest standards of guest service are upheld. This role is also responsible for the selection and development of Restaurant Managers; as well as, maintaining a satisfactory retention level of managers. Our Area Directors are also instrumental in providing effective leadership in the areas of local store marketing, training, defining priorities, and building commitment to the Company’s mission and objectives.
Essential duties of this role include: full P&L accountability, maintaining and exceeding performance standards, motivating and training of the staff and management team, and continued growth of the restaurant’s sales and profitability.
This position requires residency in the Memphis, TN or surrounding areas within a 20 mile radius.
Successful candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to plan, identify, communicate and delegate responsibilities throughout the area to ensure excellent operations are consistently achieved
- Provide coaching and feedback to managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis
- Consistently review area operations to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the area follows AIG operational policies and procedures
- Analyze relevant weekly reports to identify and address trends and issues in the area
- Partner with Restaurant Managers to develop their skills and abilities, focus their development and training priorities and assist team in developing responsible sales and profit goals
- Assist team in managing food, beverage, labor and controllable costs
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments
- Generate area sales growth by ensuring the restaurants consistently deliver a positive guest experience and execute local restaurant marketing initiatives
- Hold team accountable to produce positive financial results
- Manage the area P&L by tracking expenses vs. annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action
- Lead the area with integrity and knowledge that promotes the culture and beliefs of AIG
The best qualified candidate will have:
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to lead a team and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated management of all applicable restaurant regulatory areas, to include: employee safety, food safety, responsible service of alcohol, safe service of alcohol, employment, etc.
- 5 years of prior restaurant experience including strong single-unit performance and some experience leading/managing multi-unit initiatives
- High School diploma or GED; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and people skills; ability to generate a team-spirited work environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead by example using hands-on, shoulder-to-shoulder work ethic
- Able to work a flexible work schedule and meet business demands, including weekends and holidays
- The candidate must live in or be able to relocate to Memphis market
- Ability to travel 70% of time within assigned market area; and occasionally to other areas/meetings as required - reliable transportation, clean driving record, and personal auto insurance is a must
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Cell phone/car allowances
- Top Monthly Bonus Potential
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Development & Growth Potential
If you feel you meet the above requirements (brief snapshot, other duties are required), and you would like to be part of a great team and work with people who care, please submit your resume today.
Apple Investors Group, LLC values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free workplace.