Kingstowne Member Service Representative III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Join Apple?
- Named 2021 Washington Post Top Workplace
- Named 2021 Best-In-State Credit Union and Best Credit Union in Northern Virginia by Forbes
- Named a 2020 Best Credit Union to work for by the Credit Union Journal
- State-of-the-art facilities Headquarters Facility
- Competitive Compensation package (5% 401 k Match / Pension Plan/ Tuition Reimbursement)
- Internal Career Development opportunities
- Diverse, friendly work environment, progressive management staff
- 21 branches in Northern Virginia with easy commuting distance
Under general supervision, originate consumer loans within the underwriting guidelines; this includes application input, data input, compiling necessary statistics, and loan disbursal. The staff member will qualify potential members, complete all required steps to open deposit accounts and automated services. Additionally, the staff member will gather information to complete consumer loan applications, member requests for information and/or account maintenance. The staff member will use established Apple Federal Credit Union sales techniques to assist in achieving individual and related sales goals.
- Provides product and/or service recommendations to members based on thorough needs assessment.
- Responsible for cross-selling credit union products and services to members. Cross-sells other products as identified through the needs assessment.
- Provides information to members via face to face or telephone. This information may include, but is not limited to, alternative loan products. For example, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Utilizing the policy and procedure outlined in the Loan Underwriting Guidelines, calculates all key financial ratios’, collateral valuation, and verifies the source data used for these calculations.
- Function as a “trusted advisor” to Apple members by recommending appropriate products and services and counseling on how to improve members’ financial situation.
- Research and investigate queries and concerns regarding activity on any member held accounts, services, or products.
- Ensures member satisfaction by setting expectations for a timely response. Performs adjustments, corrections, or refunds fees within their authority, or seeks approval from proper parties to do so.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Qualifications-all required unless otherwise noted:
• High school diploma.
• Excellent positive member/customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent math skills and the ability to effectively communicate with members.
• Familiarity with loan documents, lending regulations and credit union policies and procedures.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in lending or branch operations area.
• Excellent oral, written and telephone communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Keyboarding 40 w.p.m.
• PC applications proficient.
• Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, postage machine, etc.
Employment Type: Full- Time
Hours: Available Monday- Saturday; based on business needs.
Location: 6831 Sir Viceroy Drive, Alexandria VA 22315
*** Apple Federal Credit Union values, encourages, and implements diversity in the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, Apple Federal Credit Union does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
All selected candidates will be subject to credit and background checks to determine employment eligibility. ***
Apple Federal Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Apple Federal Credit Union
Get fresh Credit Services Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.