- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Join Apple?
Apple FCU is deeply rooted in the community; we value and embrace workplace diversity. We believe our employees are our most valuable asset, so we are committed to providing professional development and assisting in career journeys. Apple FCU also offers a robust benefits package, including health; vision; dental; 401(k) contribution match; tuition reimbursement; guaranteed 11 federal holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer time; TEAM Bonus plan and much more.
Additional Workplace Highlights:
- Named 2021 Washington Post Top Workplace
- Named 2021 Best-In-State Credit Union and Best Credit Union in Northern Virginia by Forbes
- Named 2021 Best Credit Unions to Work For by American Banker
- Diverse, friendly work environment, progressive management staff
- Over 22 branches in Northern Virginia with easy commuting distance
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures serves as an Insurance Agent responsible for sales and service of property/casualty insurance products generated through warm leads. Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Apple Way principles, of Team Up, Serve with Purpose, Challenge Yourself and Own It. Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act. Performs other insurance sales and/or administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Property and Casualty Insurance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling and servicing property and casualty insurance products to credit union members which are generated through warm leads
- Responsible for achieving individual written premium goal.
- Maintain proficiency of insurance company underwriting guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Maintain insurance company relationships to maximize volume and positive loss ratios. Adjust front line underwriting under the direction of the VP or Apple Financial Services or the senior insurance advisors.
- Reconcile individual agency commission report to determine monthly commission payout
- Resolve client conflicts with insurance company personnel.
- Fulfill insurance license continuing education requirements to maintain license in good standing.
This position will be assessed against the following performance competencies:
- Challenging Yourself
- Serving with Purpose
- Own It
- Team Up
This position will be assessed against annual goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
A minimum of one-year successful insurance sales and service experience (i.e. property/casualty insurance).
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Virginia Property & Casualty license is required.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policies, underwriting procedures, agency agreements and procedures. Excellent written and communication skills. Ability to develop and close business. PC proficient.
Minimal travel required. Ability to utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: CRT, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment.
*** Apple Federal Credit Union values, encourages, and implements diversity in the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, Apple Federal Credit Union does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
All selected candidates will be subject to credit and background checks to determine employment eligibility. ***
Apple Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Apple Federal Credit Union
Get fresh Apple Advisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!