- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Join Apple?
Apple FCU is deeply rooted in the community; we value and embrace workplace diversity. We believe our employees are our most valuable asset, so we are committed to providing professional development and assisting in career journeys. Apple FCU also offers a robust benefits package, including health; vision; dental; 401(k) contribution match; tuition reimbursement; guaranteed 11 federal holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer time; TEAM Bonus plan and much more.
Additional Workplace Highlights:
- Named 2022 Best Credit Unions to Work For by American Banker
- Named 2021 Washington Post Top Workplace
- Named 2021 Best-In-State Credit Union and Best Credit Union in Northern Virginia by Forbes
- Diverse, friendly work environment, progressive management staff
- 22 branches in Northern Virginia with easy commuting distance
As a Cybersecurity Analyst, you will work directly with our cyber security, infrastructure and operations teams to research, design, implement, and deploy enterprise-class technologies that will protect Apple FCU from risks while protecting our member’s data. You should be passionate about using technology to help people lead simpler, more fulfilling, and more rewarding lives. The successful candidate will influence our long-term roadmap, identify enterprise-class tools and define best practices used by the broader technology team, embed in teams to jump-start projects, and help the business prioritize work. This position is hands-on and reports directly to the Cybersecurity Team Lead and will work closely with our other engineering teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This role is accountable for maintaining policies, procedures and technology to secure member data, create a digital workplace to empower staff to deliver products and services in timely and secure fashion to members. The position will manage the following:
• IT security programs and recommends necessary changes to the information security team to ensure the company’s systems are fully compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements and privacy laws.
• Participate in third-party audit reviews, testing and remediation of internal IT departments.
• Provides periodic training to company employees on information security topics.
• Stays abreast of the security industry threat landscape, specifically within the company’s industry.
• Recognizes his/her personal developmental needs and is proactive in obtaining the coaching, networking and training needed to ensure his/her continued success in the position.
• Works to foster two-way communication, teamwork and learning.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, IT or related field, or equivalent.
• Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CCNP Security or similar technical security certification or training preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years related experience required
• Technical and analytical expertise, with a proven background in technology administration.
• Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments.
• Knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), network intrusion and detections systems (NIDS) and host intrusion detection systems (HIDS), public key infrastructure (PKI), identity and access management (IAM) systems, next generation antivirus, firewalls and newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), DNS filtering, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
• Skilled in meeting vulnerability and penetration testing requirements.
• Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Experience managing SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, IDS/IPS, file integrity monitoring, data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following: NIST, FFIEC, PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards or Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2.
• Familiarity with privacy and data protection laws.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Location: Headquarters—Fairfax, Virginia
*** Apple Federal Credit Union values, encourages, and implements diversity in the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, Apple Federal Credit Union does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
All selected candidates will be subject to credit and background checks to determine employment eligibility. ***
Apple Federal Credit Union
TechnologyView all jobs at Apple Federal Credit Union
Get fresh Apple Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.