The Field Service Manager for the South-Midwest Region
Remote role for the south-midwest USA - from TX to ND and over to MI (you may live anywhere in the territory)
The Field Service Manager directs the daily operations of the regional field service engineering team for the planned maintenance and service for various medical device products such as ventilation equipment, electro-mechanical equipment, renal equipment, surgical laparoscopic equipment within customer environments.
The field service manager Recruits, develops, retains and manages staff of 10-12 Regional technical field service engineers accountable for meeting/exceeding financial objectives and customer service expectations for the south-midwestern region (including ND to TX over to MI). Works with Regional Sales team to maintain customer relationships and addresses concerns as needed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved or exceeded during all Service events. This includes resolving customer or product issues.
- Monitor, guide, and coach remote direct reports to achieve business targets, improve skills and productivity, and build sustainable customer relationships
- Recruit, train and develop, direct reports; manage performance issues as needed.
- Develop, implement, and manage business strategies within a region to meet and exceed financial objectives; participate with other managers and Service leadership to establish strategic objectives and plans.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met for all customers within the region.
- Assist in budget management, forecast creation and achieve revenue and expense goals.
- Identify and pursue new revenue opportunities.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, contract administration and field team to grow revenue through new equipment sales, new contracts, time and material opportunities as well as maximize contract renewal rates.
- Work with Product Support and R&D Engineering as needed to identify and implement customer solutions.
- Perform annual field evaluation and provide constructive feedback to improve individual performance.
- Manage corporate resources, including vehicles, test equipment, loaners, computers and materials; direct resource allocation of team members within the region.
- Represent company in a competent and professional manner.
Field Service Manager Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in business, electronics, biomed technology or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with field technician supervision for hospital medical equipment
- Five years experience with technical product engineering or service in a medical device or regulated industry
Nice to Have
· Demonstrated customer service skills and technical service skills with ventillation equipment and energy equipment
· Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve conflict
· Ability to manage in remote self-structured environment
· Three-plus years people leadership experience
· Knowledge of FDA/GMP regulations
· Experience working with a Sales organization
· Sales experience with a Service-based product or services
· Experience dealing with challenging customer situations
· Possess and demonstrate high work ethic and ability to achieve results
· Experience supervising and managing budgets and work flow in a service-related industry.
· Proven skills as an effective decision maker.