Appen is looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. As a work from home contractor, you may participate in a number of different evaluation projects, including web search, video evaluation, maps, social media, translation, transcription, etc.
Appen is currently conducting a study to understand how we can improve the quality of day-to-day interactions with home smart speakers, such as Amazon Echo and Google Home. As part of these efforts, we are currently looking for participants to share the transcripts of their voice commands to this type of home smart speakers.
We are looking for people who regularly use voice assistants through their home smart speakers. Participants of this study are required to be located in the following countries and use the corresponding language for their smart speaker:
Work from home Independent Contractors will need to combine a passion for analysis with an understanding of various online research tools. Applicants must be detail oriented and have a broad range of interests.
Ideal Independent Contractors will possess the following skills
· Have in-depth, up-to-date familiarity with the US social culture, media, and web culture
· Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in English (Bilingual language skill is a plus!)
· Broad range of interests, with specific areas of expertise a plus
· Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Possess a high-speed internet connection (Cable Modem, Fiber, DSL, etc.)
· Search Engine Evaluators are required to have currently lived in the United States for a minimum of 5 consecutive years to ensure cultural familiarity (Not necessary for other opportunities)
· Use of an Android phone version 4.1 or higher, Windows phone version 8.1 or higher, or an iPhone version 4s or higher
All candidates are required to take and pass a qualification exam before becoming an independent contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.