Appeldoorn’s Sunset Bay Resort is looking for a skilled Customer Experience Manager. For the right individual, this multi-faceted position will be at the forefront of our customer service experience.
You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome. You will coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations, front desk scheduling and guest services. In addition, you will also oversee all aspects of event planning. You will organize all the details including bookings, negotiations with wedding groups & corporate planners, planning food service, event center layout, set-up, tear-down, and staffing for the day of the event.
This salaried position will have many hats and will work closely with the General Manager and additional staffing departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure front desk is tidy and has all necessary material (e.g. pens, forms and informative leaflets)
· Train, supervise and support staff
· Schedule shifts and manage staff for both front desk & events
· Ensure timely and accurate customer service
· Handle complaints and specific customer requests
· Troubleshoot emergencies
· Monitor stock in our retail area and office supplies
· Maintain mailing lists and assist in sending materials out for lead lists
· Ensure company’s policies and security requirements are met
· Discuss budgets, contracts, expectations & costs with all event parties
· Schedule tours and food tastings
· Work closely with General Manager, grounds, front desk, kitchen & bar staff
Requirements & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, or a related field preferred
· Event planning experience preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Professional demeanor and appearance
· Flexible schedule