Clinical Informaticist Team Lead analyzes, develops, programs, tests, trains, implements and maintains System modules to provide effective and useful applications for the electronic health record. Participates in system-wide activities around design, build and implementation of clinical content and workflow with the Meditech system. Clinical Electronic Health Record Analyst Project Team Lead will supervise Clinical EHR Analyst Team members. Team lead will bear responsibility for meeting pre-determined goals toward the overall completion of Meditech implementation.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact person for MEDITECH/CONSULTING specialists during installation phase and for ongoing maintenance thereafter.
- Keep IT Project manager informed of all events affecting timely installation of clinical modules.
- Oversee and, when necessary, assist in accomplishing activities and responsibilities of the Application Coordinators (Core Team Leaders) assigned within each clinical department (e.g., planning and conducting training, testing).
4.Identify and assist in resolution of issues arising in the clinical modules and issues that overlap the clinical departments relating to the setup and operation of the hospital information system (e.g. common mnemonic design for dictionary entries)
- Organize and conduct periodic interdepartmental meetings between clinical departments to provide a forum for raising new issues and resolving old ones relating to the Meditech system.
- Work with IT Project manager to assure that a consistent approach is followed throughout the installation.
7.Review all custom programming and enhancement request for appropriateness and completeness that are submitted by department managers and determine appropriate action – I.e. pass to Meditech, change hospital policy or procedure, pass to hardware vendor, use report writer, or a combination of these actions.
- Document, track, and follow up on all reported problems, enhancement requests, and system change requests for clinical modules.
- Test or oversee testing of all software updates/new releases for clinical modules.
- Actively involved with development of training program for end user training prior to going Live.
Bachelor’s degrees from accredited institutions preferred. Clinical education such as Nursing, Radiology or other required.
Five (5) years of clinical experience in a health care environment required.
Project and/or team lead management experience required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Information Technology experience/ability preferred. Must be able to communicate with users of all disciplines.
Experience in Nursing/Clinical Informaticist preferred