The Adult Recovery Unit (ARU) serves adults with severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance abuse/dependence who are experiencing an acute exacerbation of their symptoms. Consumers will be served on a voluntary and involuntary basis for up to 15 days. The ARU serves many individuals who would otherwise be referred to a psychiatric hospital. It also serves individuals who are being discharged from the hospital that require further support.
We are seeking full-time professionals to work the night shift. Our pay rates for RN's start at $25/hour and $19/hour for LPN's and go up based on experience!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide patient care within the scope of RN/LPN practice at ACS
- Recognize alterations in patient condition and compare to collected data to previous condition
- Report changes in condition to appropriate licensed health care provider
- Monitor/assign nursing tasks to techs
- Perform data collection including complete vital signs, brief health histories and medication usage
- Assist with clinical exams, perform procedures, and administer therapies within scope
- Medication Administration within RN scope
- Manage patient specimens and test reports
- Provide teaching to patients/families as needed/evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and reinforce instructional information
- Documents data reflecting patient condition, treatments, medication and nursing care to provide written record of treatment
- follow/enforce program policies and guidelines
- enforce HIPPA and federal regulations regarding confidentiality
- Utilize interpersonal communication skills that facilitate the exchange of information within Addictions teams and outside referents
- Effectively communicates current patient status and needs to community agencies involved in their care
- Assumes responsibilities for self-development and growth/complete mandated training annually
- Functions effectively as a team member fostering spirit of mutual respect and cooperative working relationships
Qualifications and Skills
• Graduation from an accredited RN or LPN program and current RN or LPN license in the state of North Carolina
• Current CPR/BLS certificate
ncgCARE is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.