Appalachian Community Services (ACS) provides mental health, substance abuse, and intellectual/developmental disability services to individuals and families within the western counties of North Carolina.
We are seeking full-time Direct Care Support/IDD Residential Aides to provide support to our clients in the Haywood County area. No experience needed! We will train you! Apply today and start within two weeks!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and care to Intellectual and Developmental Disability consumers.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills.
- Should demonstrate ability to get along well with diverse personalities (consumers, community partners, fellow staff, and the general public).
- Should have strong communication skills.
- Should have sound judgment and capability to respond to unusual circumstances.
- Should have the ability to deal constructively with conflict.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license to be able to transport consumers.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
ncgCARE is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)