Sr. Software Engineer - AI
- Posted: over a month ago
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based, publically traded SaaS organization that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion for helping us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Who we are looking for:
We are hiring a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer to join our AI Engineering Team and contribute to our rapid product development pace. We work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers. Our engineers find deep satisfaction in building things that customers actually need. We focus on delivering value to customers and understand that this often means delivering code that isn't perfect but meets customer needs.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading-edge software, mentoring other engineers, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to set the technical direction of our solutions collaboratively.
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Help mentor and guide other engineers
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Use test-driven development, code reviews, and continuous integration to deliver high-quality software and rapidly fix bugs as they come up.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, product owners, and our APM customers.
- Leveraging agile practices, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
- Research, share and recommend new technologies and trends.
You know you’re the right fit if…
- 5+ years of experience developing web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience working across all levels of the development stack
- Strong familiarity with Agile software development processes: Scrum or Kanban
- Strong familiarity with Test-Driven-Development
- You love learning about new technologies but understand the value of using something old if it still does everything you need it to do.
- You care about the long-term maintainability of the codebase and will learn to advocate for refactoring and clean-ups where appropriate.
- You care about work-life balance and want your company to care about it, too; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit.
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
Nice to Have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- AI/ML experience
- Experience with some areas of our tech like Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, AWS, SOA
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products, working in the AI/ML space, and contributing to a successful company, apply today!
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
TechnologyView all jobs at AppFolio
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?