Senior Data Engineer
- Posted: February 15, 2023
Hi, We're AppFolio.
We're innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We're more than just a software company - we're a cloud-based Software company that creates products to make our customers' lives easier. We're revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Whom we are looking for:
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer to contribute to our growing Data Engineering and Operations team. We work collaboratively to develop an infrastructure that ingests data from disparate sources and routes them to various destinations, thus providing access to high quality data to users, ranging from application developers interested in specific events to data analysts keen on business intelligence to data scientists training ML models..
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building a leading-edge data platform and is driven to work as an individual contributor and a great team player. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
* Design, build, deploy, and operate next generation data pipeline infrastructure based on Apache Kafka and its ecosystem
* Improve data architecture, quality, discoverability and access policies to enable and enforce data governance
* Collaborate with engineers, data analysts and scientists to ensure that our data infrastructure meets the SLOs of our data-intensive customers
* Develop techniques for monitoring the completeness, correctness and reliability of our data sets
* Leverage agile practices, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
* Research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends
You know you're the right fit if…
* You have hands-on experience with using Apache Kafka in production and have a passion for building a reliable, scalable and fault-tolerant infrastructure.
* You have hands-on experience with data warehouse technology, particularly with Snowflake.
* You have worked with a variety of data sources, including change data capture systems, event sourcing and clickstreams, in production.
* You have 4+ years of experience working with languages like Python or Ruby.
* You have excellent SQL skills.
* You have experience working with Infrastructure as Code, configuration management, and monitoring tools. You care about work-life balance and want your company to care about it too; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit.
* You want to work with a high degree of autonomy, while at the same time working on initiatives of high importance to the company.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
* Experience with Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams or KSQLDB is desirable
* Experience with Debezium connector is highly desirable.
* Experience with clickstream tracking technology in general, or Snowplow in particular, is desirable.
* Experience with containers and container orchestration tools. Docker and Kubernetes experience in particular is desirable.
* Light data science skills for analyzing data and communicating with ML engineers a plus.
* Experience in visualization tools like tableau
Nice to Have:
* Bachelors in Computer Science or other quantitative fields.
* Experience working across all levels of the development stack
* Experience with AWS
Compensation & Benefits
The base salary that we reasonably expect to pay for this role is: $128,000-$192,000
The actual base salary for this role will be determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to: the candidate's skills, education, experience, etc.
Please note that base pay is one important aspect of a compelling Total Rewards package. The base pay range indicated here does not include any additional benefits or bonuses/commissions that you may be eligible for based on your role and/or employment type.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for benefits including but not limited to:
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits
* Long-term and short-term disability insurance
* Wellness benefits
Interns / full-time temporary / eligible variable hour employees are eligible for benefits including but not limited to:
* Wellness benefits
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products, and contributing to a successful company, apply today!
TechnologyView all jobs at AppFolio
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?