- Expired: May 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Treasury Director will build the Treasury Operations function that will oversee cash management, investments, capital markets, settlement operations for our payments business, and risk/insurance programs.Assist with the analysis, execution and implementation of corporate finance strategies including capital structure, financing initiatives and other projects tied to improvements in working capital and cash forecasting.
What You’ll Do
- Review investment opportunities and seek opportunities in line with Investment Policy.
- Manage and maintain effective, transparent relationships with the company’s banking partners.
- As it relates to our payments product, ownership of end to end processes that aid in the execution of outgoing and incoming payments, including familiarity with issues related to settlement Payments, Accounting, Reconciliation, and Exception Management.
- Develop strategies relating to all aspects of the company’s capital structure, including the forecasting of cash, identifying the optimal cash balance, debt structures including the optimal mix of fixed and floating rate debt, M&A financing alternatives and consultation on subsidiary capital structure.
- Manage company risk by maintaining the company’s D&O insurance policies and work with broker to evaluate insurers to ensure appropriate coverage terms and cost.
- Provide due diligence and transaction support for mergers & acquisitions and assists in review of significant capital expenditure proposals.
- Prepare short and long-term cash forecasts and interest income forecast.
- Design, implement, and streamline treasury operations processes.
- Partner with Tax and Accounting teams to execute overall cash planning.
- Hire and lead the treasury team. Coach and develop team members and fosters a positive and proactive team-oriented environment.
- Establish procedures and ensure controls are in place for all treasury processes.
What We’re Looking For
- Business acumen: Deep and applicable understanding of the mechanics of how a business achieves its goals and objectives. Thorough understanding of the levers that create and position a value proposition to customers, profitability, cash flow, and shareholder value. Understanding and awareness of how to think about and successfully make the right business decisions.
- Analytical skills: Able to distill data down to key information that enables great decision making. Tells a compelling story using data.
- Process management/leveraging technology: Ability to refine and navigate processes for maximum efficiency with high data integrity and a metrics-driven approach. Evaluates and recommends new tools/technology changes as necessary.
- Communication: Able to effectively communicate what we are doing and why we are doing it. Excellent communication with intuitive ability to adjust message for audience. Able to bring clarity from often ambiguous circumstances and provide clear communication regarding our strategy (what we are doing, and why).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of combined management experience in treasury/cash management
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Finance Technology experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture strong relationships with lenders, external service providers, brokers and all internal stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and bring a high level of creativity to the organization regarding accelerating growth
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects
- Confidence and ability to work effectively with top-level management and interact professionally with colleagues
- Strong team player with ability to anticipate problems, collaborate in developing strategies and provide forward thinking solutions
- High degree of ethics and professionalism with ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently to drive implementation of small and large-scale process improvements
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly, accurately, and effectively with all stakeholders
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at AppFolio