Human Resource Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires an energetic and detail-focused individual who wants to be a part of a growing team and company. Apotheco Pharmacy Group (“Apotheco”) is looking for an HR assistant to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. The HR assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities in our HR department, from recruiting and onboarding candidates, to maintaining our employee database, to posting job ads. You will be tasked with assisting both the HR team and the Operations team at Apotheco. In addition, you will help coordinate and manage Apotheco’ s corporate office in Short Hills, NJ. In this position, we are looking for an open-minded person who is not afraid to take on new projects and clerical duty as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned;
- Post job descriptions and review candidate resumes.
- Pre-screen and interview candidates for open positions.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews with department/hiring managers.
- Create offer letters and set up drug screens and other on-boarding activities as needed.
- Tracking the new hire process from offer through on-boarding process and tracking completion for all training, certifications, and re-certifications.
- Conduct initial HR orientation for newly hired employees.
- Support HR Manager with maintaining employee records and entering/updating information into the HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now)
- Assist HR Manager in payroll preparation. Act as payroll processing backup.
- Process confidential team member payroll information changes, leave requests, entering overall data changes and terminations.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies, receiving mail, filing and organization of office.
- Help with coordination of employee events and monthly meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Minimum 1 year of HR related work experience.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with various personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately and act with integrity and professionalism.
- Hands-on experience with HR systems.
- Basic knowledge of labor laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to manage other technician tasks. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong communications skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and write correspondence. Need to be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to all employees of the organization.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Apotheco information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Apotheco information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
AddressShort Hills, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at Apotheco, LLC