Senior Software Engineer *Remote*
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ApolloMed (NASDAQ: AMEH) is a physician-centric, technology-powered healthcare management company. We are building and operating a novel, integrated, value-based healthcare delivery platform to empower our physicians to provide the highest quality of end-to-end care for their patients in a cost-effective manner. Our mission is to combine our clinical experience, best-in-class delivery network, and technological expertise in order to improve patient outcomes, increase access to healthcare, and make the US healthcare system more efficient.
With over a million managed lives across the country and terabytes of data generated, our software and applications need to be cutting-edge, efficient, and aligned with our core values of improving patient outcomes and empowering our providers.
We are looking for Frontend and Backend Senior Software Engineers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and biased towards action. You can identify the 20% of the work that leads to 80% of the result, and mobilize and execute the high-impact work consistently. You enjoy thinking about complex and ambiguous problems and can execute consistently and add compounding value.
- Relentlessly resourceful. You enjoy taking ownership and can get things done without excuses. You are resilient, detail-oriented, and truly believe that no task is beneath you, even in the face of potential challenges.
- Growth-oriented. You are able to evaluate all perspectives, even if uncomfortable, and have the courage to adjust your views if necessary. You have the expertise and communication skills to balance a growth mindset with a bias towards action.
- Mission-driven. You are excited by the prospect of diving into complex problems that will drastically improve patient outcomes, while lowering the cost of a tremendously inefficient US healthcare system, where waste is over 40% and per-capita healthcare dollars spent is double that of other developed nations.
What you’ll do:
- Design, test, deploy, improve, and maintain software that will be used internally at ApolloMed, and externally by physicians and patients
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Engineers, and QA to execute mission-critical projects
- Suggest and drive improvement on all parts of the stack and internal development processes
- Manage project requirements, priorities, and deliverable timelines effectively
- Help mentor, coach, and develop junior members of our development team
- Extremely high-visibility team
- Startup-like mentality and career trajectory in a recently IPO’d company (>1B market cap) targeting 100%+ growth y/o/y in 2021
- Work on and lead buildout of new, flagship products impacting millions of patients
Other helpful but not required skills: microservices, message queues, Redis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, or related experience
- 6+ years relevant professional experience in software development
- Experience building APIs and automation using modern backend technologies at scale
- Experience in some of the following: full-stack web application development, developing and designing large software systems, web scraping and other automation scripting, ETL and data pipelines, data science, machine learning
- Strong understanding of an Agile work environment and Agile SDLC
- Strong Knowledge of front-end technology such as React.js/Redux
- Strong knowledge of databases and ability to write complex and mission-critical SQL queries
- Advanced proficiency with OOP languages such as Python and C#
- Strong general problem-solving and logical reasoning ability
- Further education or experience in computer science, engineering, or related fields
- Experience in leading and guiding projects from inception to production and further scaling
- Experience with DevOps: CI/CD, containerization, deployment, orchestration, and related (such as Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
TechnologyView all jobs at ApolloMed
Get fresh Healthcare Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.