Education Compliance Nurse
Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital, newly constructed in 2018 - state of the art facility conveniently located at 9938 airline highway in the heart of the city at the intersection of I-12 and Airline Hwy.
Education Compliance Nurse is needed to work full time in an Inpatient Behavioral Health Hospital in Baton Rouge, LA. Minimum of 2 years Inpatient Psych. experience is required. Experience in Compliance, Staff Education, QAPI, and staff scheduling is a plus. Masters degree is preferred.
- Support staffing with the Director of Nursing
- Responsible for all policy revisions/reviews and present at Governing Board Meetings
- Compile all monthly logs and data from unit for PI monthly and quarterly meetings
- Report all monthly indicators-See PI folders on server for all reporting format and forms, and log books on the unit.
- Complete monthly education and in-services for staff; held 2nd Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm and 7:15pm, 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 and 7:15pm, and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 3:30 at the Outpatient facility. See Education book for documentation and Annual topics that must be covered. Work with DON on miscellaneous topics for discussion. Also see Annual Skills Fair and competencies that must be a 3 day session in November. Boards from last year are stored in office with extra boards for new topics to be added.
- Assist DON for oversight of nursing at Outpatient facility once a month.
- Responsible for preparing Infection Control Reports monthly and quarterly calculations of infection rates per 1000 patient days monthly and quarterly, identify nosocomial vs community acquired infections, report any MDRO's. Update Infection Control Goals annually, and review quarterly at meeting.
- Prepare and assist UR and DON with all material for PI Committee Meetings monthly and quarterly
- Orientation Class weekly for Hospital Wide Orientation as outlined in participation with DON. Orientation points include, but are not limited to: Competency Checklist, Patient's Rights, Rights of Hospital Personnel, Patient's Rights and Organization Ethics, National Patient Safety Goals, Handwashing Protocol, Infection Control, EMTALA, Care of the Patient (Seclusion and Restraint Management, EPS Testing, EKG's, MHT Training Documentation.
- Sign off on all orientation paper work and turn into HR
- Prepare Pharmacy report for monthly PI meeting, calculate error rates per doses given and error rates per 1000 patient days each month. Hold quarterly Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Meeting included with Committee as a Whole quarterly.
- Follow up to make sure quarterly fire drills-Code Red are completed on day and night shift and report to Safety Officer.
- Follow up to make sure Code Blue drills are completed quarterly and report to Safety Officer.
- Plan and make sure bi-annual disaster drills/emergency management drills are completed and reported on in PI Committee and Safety Committee quarterly and report to Safety Officer.
- Prepare for Annual PI meeting. Make sure credentialing appointments are re-approved for the year. Make sure all policy and procedure books are approved for the year with updated signature pages, including By Laws. Make sure all contracts are approved for the year and evaluated per PI indicators.
- Make sure all policy related plans are re-approved for the year; Infection Control Plan, Bloodborne Pathogen Plan, EOC Plan, Emergency Operations Plan, etc.
- Make sure all licensures and certifications (CPR, CPI, RN, LPN, etc...) are up to date with appropriate effective dates, and have been re-applied for before they expire.
- All PI Binders are located on shelf in office.
- Assist with Influenza vaccination campaign and administration of vaccinations beginning in October, do not forget to include consent form for each employee.
- Responsible for checking Joint Commission website and staying abreast of changes, updates, etc. in requirements and changes in standards.
- Work shift on the floor as scheduled with DON-Thursday the first week and Saturday the second week, as charge nurse to keep abreast of changes needed concerning procedures to benefit staff and patient care. This will be helpful to insure quality measures are implemented.
- Work with HR on employee matters related to compliance with TB, Influenza and drug screens when required.
- Coordinates risk management activities to reduce or eliminate patient/staff/visitor injuries, illnesses, death, and/or financial loss.
- On-Call every other weekend (The weekend of the Saturday shift.) in conjunction with DON
- Acts as Director of Nursing in his/her absence
Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital provides stable job, balanced work load, competitive salary, good work environment and good benefits package that includes holiday pay, PTO, health, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and profit sharing plan
Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital