We are seeking a HIGHLY motivated, experienced, and creative Marketing Copywriter who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position will work cross-functionally within the company to develop, write, and edit content that will contribute to demand generation, awareness goals, and increased program enrollments.
As the Marketing Copywriter, you will have responsibilities in a variety of areas, including:
· Developing and editing content for a variety of channels in alignment with strategies.
· Ensure content is up to date, error-free and relevant to the goals of the programs.
· Use testing to measure effectiveness and recommend adjustments to messaging based on results.
· Assisting with the development and maintenance of all content management strategies.
· Researching alternative communications methodologies to find the right content mix for our audiences.
We are fast-paced, hard working, and looking to grow exponentially. We also have great clients (tier 1 universities and high-level professional learners), great products (some of the coolest education you’ve ever seen), and a great investment partner.
You will report to the Content and Communications Manager, and will help implement the content and messaging strategies/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 10 years. You will be responsible for the execution of content marketing projects and build and manage effective and streamlined content/writing processes.
This position will be very far-reaching and include a variety of duties.
- Drive awareness and demand generation by developing engaging, persuasive marketing content for a variety of channels, including website, press releases, collateral, email communications, informal communication channels, and scripting.
- Develop and maintain content for our university sites, blogs and applicable social media channels.
- Measure the effectiveness and quality of marketing content and adjusts as needed to meet objectives.
- Assists the Content and Communications Manager in the development of content marketing and communications plans, editorial calendars, market research, audience profiling, and other communications activities to drive enrollment figures within our university programs.
- Develop successful relationships with team-members on the Digital Strategies and Business Development teams to understand the scope and focus of our marketing programs.
The Marketing Copywriter will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) or equivalent required (English, journalism, communications, marketing, technical writing or related major.)
- 3+ years of experience as a marketing communications/content writer across a variety of marketing channels and platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience writing for traditional and digital channels and platforms.
- Experience with AP Style of writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent copyediting skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently, meet demanding deadlines, and complete assigned projects.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating content and guiding projects and systems.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Apollidon’s mission.
- Pride in ownership of projects.
- Passion for education.
The following experience and attributes are desired but not required:
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress).
- Experience with marketing platforms and marketing delivery systems.
- Knowledge of new media as applied to Web site interactive (e,g, blogs, RSS, podcasts).
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM components and attributes.